Vape Gun

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Vape Gun

Post by DemonFiren » #165220

Thanks to PK, I finally found the heart to post this.

Copied and modified from that other thread:
Vortex ring gun.
Can be loaded with reagents, which are transferred like smoke to any poor bastard unfortunate enough to get hit without wearing internals, a hardsuit helmet, or a gas mask.
Takes a plasma tank and environment air as propellant, can also be fired without chemical load for stamina damage or possibly a knockdown plus throw (the odds of which should probably be scaled with target's stamina loss.)
I reckon you won't need science for those, but depending on how powerful this thing or its drawbacks are it'll be a bit too nasty for improv crafting.
I also believe that loaded up properly this might be the only halfway viable ranged option against memeing carp style - assuming the traitorous scum is dumb enough not to prepare.

EDIT
Now to be clear, this will fire a single vortex ring projectile that pops into a small smoke cloud when it hits something or after a certain distance, and possibly knocks the wind out of the opposition. By no means is it the unholy bastard love-child of the chemsprayer or the shotgun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: