Add a "pAI" job and a "Have pAI" character preference.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Add a "pAI" job and a "Have pAI" character preference.

Post by Drynwyn » #151770

The new abilities for pAI's are great. It'd be even better if you could start as a pAI, rather than having to hope someone tries to trigger one on the off chance it gets a personality.

Give players a box to tick that starts them with a pAI in their pocket (I don't think any jobs currently start with both pockets filled) with a personality from the people with "Be pAI" turned on. If there's an overage of pAI's, some of them get dumped to normal job selection. Codewise it'd have to go

-Pick an AI and a cyborg according to normal job selection settings (because the AI and borgs can't have a pai). AI selection already happens first, so no big deal.

-Count the number of people with Be pAI If Possible enabled vs. the number of people who want pAI's.

-Assign some people to not have pAI's/become human crew members according to their job prefs as needed

-Handle normal job assignment

-Put pAI's with personalities in the pockets of people who wanted a pAI.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Add a "pAI" job and a "Have pAI" character preference.

Post by DemonFiren » #151829

>i don't think any jobs start with pockets filled
Any job that spawns with a belt has the PDA in one pocket. Possible that the other one's also filled by something else.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151835

DemonFiren wrote:>i don't think any jobs start with pockets filled
Any job that spawns with a belt has the PDA in one pocket. Possible that the other one's also filled by something else.
Like atmos techs, engineers, CE
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #151836

Cant you have the pAi device inside the pda?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151839

Wyzack wrote:Cant you have the pAi device inside the pda?
Yeah that's true

As for this idea itself: Why would I ever not start with a pAI? Just make roboticists start with one or something, not a preference.
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #151840

DemonFiren wrote:>i don't think any jobs start with pockets filled
As in, every job has at least one open pocket, not "no job starts with things in the pockets." CE, Engineer, and Atmos all have an empty pocket.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #151843

The CE/Engineer/Atmos don't have an empty pocket. They have the belt on their belt slot, and the PDA and T-Ray scanner in their pockets.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #151846

Wyzack wrote:Cant you have the pAi device inside the pda?
> arguing a moot point
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #151848

I think that pAI scarcity is part of the charm
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #151849

fuck harmyellers with a rusty spoon
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #151859

>mass producable at R&D with literally 15 seconds of research
>scarcity

Also fuck pAI's purely for harmyelling. It's incredibly frustrating as an antag to take someone down without them able to call for help, when suddenly the pAI you have no possible way to know is there yells over radio that you're killing their master, and exactly where you are.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #151860

Don't EMP grenades kill them in one hit, as well as disabling the target's headset?
(Also, disguising your identity is pretty useful. It won't stop you being called out by the pAI, but it'll stop them knowing who you are.)

The most robust pAIs don't actually shout "Help, my master is dying!" - they message Security/Medical and tell them exactly where their master is, as well as who did it. That way the killer doesn't wipe them.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #151866

lumipharon wrote: Also fuck pAI's purely for harmyelling. It's incredibly frustrating as an antag to take someone down without them able to call for help, when suddenly the pAI you have no possible way to know is there yells over radio that you're killing their master, and exactly where you are.
This is why you actually try and scope out whoever you're trying to kill instead of just flat-out bumrushing them to hope for the best. Kill comms, EMP them, blow them up flat-out, ect.

Active pAIs are rare enough as is, seeing as most ghosts will more than likely just sit around to shit-talk in deadchat or wait for one of the 200 side-antag opportunities to get back into the round in a more meaningful way. Harm-yelling just kinda naturally stems from the fact they're usually bound to whoever activated them as their master, and well, most people don't just usually sit quiet while their master gets brutally murdered, just like how most crewmembers would probably at least yell about the murder if they saw it happen.

aka: git gud nob
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #151869

Yes but A: most antags don't have emp's normally
B: You can't tell if someone has a pAI on them
MMMiracles wrote:
lumipharon wrote: Also fuck pAI's purely for harmyelling. It's incredibly frustrating as an antag to take someone down without them able to call for help, when suddenly the pAI you have no possible way to know is there yells over radio that you're killing their master, and exactly where you are.
This is why you actually try and scope out whoever you're trying to kill instead of just flat-out bumrushing them to hope for the best. Kill comms, EMP them, blow them up flat-out, ect.

Active pAIs are rare enough as is, seeing as most ghosts will more than likely just sit around to shit-talk in deadchat or wait for one of the 200 side-antag opportunities to get back into the round in a more meaningful way. Harm-yelling just kinda naturally stems from the fact they're usually bound to whoever activated them as their master, and well, most people don't just usually sit quiet while their master gets brutally murdered, just like how most crewmembers would probably at least yell about the murder if they saw it happen.

aka: git gud nob
You're telling me that any time when I have to attack someone, even if it's in self defence or an unexpected situation, I should have carefully watched them before hand, without looking like a suspicious motherfucker, to see if they have a pAI on them with radio abilities?

Yeah, ok.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #151876

Or, k'now, just cover your face to at least 'unknown' so you don't have to worry about the pAI knowing your identity. I also don't see the issue at hand if you're the one getting attacked first, as it usually isn't that hard to explain the owner of the pAI instigated the fight.

Also if it takes you more than like a minute at most to figure out if the person has a pAI then you probably need to get better observation skills.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151884

MMMiracles wrote:Or, k'now, just cover your face to at least 'unknown' so you don't have to worry about the pAI knowing your identity. I also don't see the issue at hand if you're the one getting attacked first, as it usually isn't that hard to explain the owner of the pAI instigated the fight.

Also if it takes you more than like a minute at most to figure out if the person has a pAI then you probably need to get better observation skills.
>HELP UNKNOWN KILLING MY MASTER MAINT ABOVE LIBRARY!
>a literal horde of valid-hungry sec officers appear from thin air
>at least they didn't know your identity
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #151893

or you know.

emp implants

kills the pai, cameras that you can see, the persons your killings headset, drains all of their energy weapons, their stun batons, and blows out their flashes.

people underestimate emp because its obvious as fuck and sometimes bolts doors. but its worth it if you need your target dead. its essentially a non-steathy mute sting that also removes all their weapons
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #151904

Ok then example.

Yesterday I was a gang leader.
I find the detective in maint arresting some grey, presumably an enemy ganger.
I gun down the detective, then gun downthe other guy.
I got to dispose of the bodies and suddenly the pAI which I haven't been aware of so far yells over comms about me, and where I am.

But yes, I'm sure every single traitor, let alone every single antag is highly likely to have emp implants for the highly unlikely event that someone they may or may not be planning on attackin has a pAI.

And as for self defence, I mean shit like "traitor gets attacked by sec because they know he's a traitor".
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #151909

remove PAI access to common it's just used for shitty memes anyway

they're for administrative shit lookups and doorjack and some atmos sensing modules and shit not for dumb stuff

remove common and buff their actual usefulness/usability instead fixed
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #152186

Cik wrote:remove PAI access to common it's just used for shitty memes anyway

they're for administrative shit lookups and doorjack and some atmos sensing modules and shit not for dumb stuff

remove common and buff their actual usefulness/usability instead fixed
>nerf PAIs

:lol:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #152191

Yeah, I guess removing their radio/PDA messaging abilities would make sense.
Add some interesting abilities instead, also remove the AI warning from doorjack.

Saying "well, if you want to kill a random dude, you should have your mandatory EMP equipment or you should disable coms, even if it's on meta and you have to go from space and practically fight the AI, but you should still do it" is not very helpful.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement