Pimp our gang ride

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Pimp our gang ride

Post by Helios » #130114

When are we going to get non-weapon gang equipment. Like a Secway with a gold paint job with spinning rims. A janicart with a custom paint job and under mounted LEDs, so we can have drive bys. Or gold schlager, doctor's delight but more expensive looking. Maybe adding drugs like Meth to the device too
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Pimp our gang ride

Post by lumipharon » #130119

Pretty sure gold schlager is already a thing.

Having some meth/crank/ephedrine pills or syringes for gangsters would be pretty neat though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130124

designer ballcaps for gangsters when
gold tooth augmentations for gangsters when
slouchy jeans for gangsters when
dope 14k necklaces for gangsters when

new gang idea: the straight-up gangstas
they are like the sleeping carp, but instead of being kung fu themed, they just pump iron all day and punch the shit out of you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #130126

The Swole gang
Helios

Post by Helios » #130128

PKPenguin321 wrote:designer ballcaps for gangsters when

they are like the sleeping carp, but instead of being kung fu themed, they just pump iron all day and punch the shit out of you
Gold Tooth is a gang radio that can be used as long as they have the gold teeth, and can be used to talk with other gold toothed members of their gang
Ballcaps are gang helmets
Gold Necklaces have a chance to reflect lasers/taser shots, 20% or something
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130133

Helios wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:designer ballcaps for gangsters when

Gold Tooth is a gang radio that can be used as long as they have the gold teeth, and can be used to talk with other gold toothed members of their gang
Ballcaps are gang helmets
Gold Necklaces have a chance to reflect lasers/taser shots, 20% or something
did you just turn my joke suggestions into real, actually decent ones?
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #130134

ive always wanted the clown car from goon on here, this would be the perfect way to do it with just some beat up suv or something. it'd be like a rogue mule or something that people can shoot out of

it'd be op as fuck though, so something would have to be done about that
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #130153

Deitus wrote:ive always wanted the clown car from goon on here, this would be the perfect way to do it with just some beat up suv or something. it'd be like a rogue mule or something that people can shoot out of

Mobile dominators, when one gang starts their the other gang is alerted and given enough to start theirs too, but only the difference between getting their wheels out and their current points. The goal is to pimp the fuck out of it with expensive gear, whichever gang has the most expensive when the timer ends wins.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #130245

callanrockslol wrote:
Deitus wrote:ive always wanted the clown car from goon on here, this would be the perfect way to do it with just some beat up suv or something. it'd be like a rogue mule or something that people can shoot out of

Mobile dominators, when one gang starts their the other gang is alerted and given enough to start theirs too, but only the difference between getting their wheels out and their current points. The goal is to pimp the fuck out of it with expensive gear, whichever gang has the most expensive when the timer ends wins.
that is actually a fucking awesome idea, holy tits
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #130248

I read the title as pimp our gay code
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130604

Helios wrote:Gold Necklaces have a chance to reflect lasers/taser shots, 20% or something
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12741
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #130714

So one in 5 taser shots will probably come back and stun the shooter?

I'll be honest, that sounds a bit shit. Mild taser protection I guess might make sense, but full blown reflect? For a necklace? That's very powerful.
Helios

Post by Helios » #130719

Cheimon wrote:So one in 5 taser shots will probably come back and stun the shooter?

I'll be honest, that sounds a bit shit. Mild taser protection I guess might make sense, but full blown reflect? For a necklace? That's very powerful.
Consider the influence cost.
10 is the cost of a pistol magazine, I think.
Pistols can down people a lot more consistently
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #130722

The idea of a gangster's chain being reflective enough to reflect back is pretty funny. You're still probably better off ordering/stealing ablative for protection.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #130729

Could also make it act as a grenade too. Yank it out and throw it to cause a 3x3 explosion plus a small fire. Or use the suicide verb to cause it to detonate in your mouth doing serious damage to anyone and anything nearby. For the suicide verb it could say "x just bit down and cracked one of his teeth! Why would he do that?"

Also yanking the tooth out would be obvious to anyone nearby because your character would scream and leave a blood drop under his sprite because you know, he's fucking prying a false tooth out of his gums with his bare hands.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #130758

Cheimon wrote:So one in 5 taser shots will probably come back and stun the shooter?

it's intentionally a bit shit
that way instead of being a piece of armor that drastically changes combat, it's instead a minor buff to hand out to your lackeys for fighting sec when your gang goes loud
10 influence is also the cost of a switchblade iirc
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #130962

What if it reflected in a random direction in front of you, so while you may deflect it, it will probably just go into a wall.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131082

The unloved rock wrote:

What if it reflected in a random direction in front of you, so while you may deflect it, it will probably just go into a wall.
That sounds fairer, but to be honest I'm wondering why it needs to reflect at all. Juggernaut reflecting wasn't that fun. Why would this be fun?

I guess it's just more encouragement for sec to order steelrifles as soon as they're aware there is a gang.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #131089

Cheimon wrote:I guess it's just more encouragement for sec to order steelrifles as soon as they're aware there is a gang.
Or to, you know, use the shotguns you have and take advantage of flashbangs/stun batons
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #131136

The unloved rock wrote:
Cheimon wrote:I guess it's just more encouragement for sec to order steelrifles as soon as they're aware there is a gang.
Or to, you know, use the shotguns you have and take advantage of flashbangs/stun batons
Riot shotguns are a real fiddle to use (you have to activate them between every shot, and they have only 6, yes there are hotkeys but it's objectively harder than most other guns). Plus you have to carry them on your armour or saw them down. And then, they're loaded with buckshot, which may or may not be what you want. Slugs are probably more ideal, but you need cargo to sort that out, and then to take the time unloading and reloading them.

Flashbangs are great, but unless you're carrying a whole box they're only useful once or twice. Plus it's really not hard for someone to run away in time when they hear you priming one, so they're only great if you can prime perfectly (again, higher skill) off screen and then fire it into the crowd at just the right point. Elite gang members may well have taken the time to get flashbang protection, as well (it's only sunglasses and a bowman headset, or a sec helmet).

Stunbatons are rarely a good first point of attack, because it's very easy to get disarmed, or worse slipped on your way up to the gang members. They are excellent tools but only when used properly, and proper use does not include giving criminals a good run-up to disarm you, stun you with your own weapon, and then implant or beat you to death.

So, what does this leave us with? Two out of three of these items can work, as an approach, if you head to cargo. But if you're doing that (and since you probably are anyway, because you need to get crates of implants), you might as well just get the crate of rifles as well. A nerf to sec's tasers and lasers is therefore going to make them more likely to order rifles than just to use the fairly crappy shotguns and the two tools that aren't great for the job they want, batons and flashbangs.

I don't think any of this is a bad thing, I for one welcome more use of the rifles again.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #131294

Or just aim for the head.
This chain would ( I assume) work like the ablative vest and only protect your chest.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #131304

lumipharon wrote:Or just aim for the head.
This chain would ( I assume) work like the ablative vest and only protect your chest.
correct
Spoiler: