So: AI no AA, Y/N ok?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

So: AI no AA, Y/N ok?

Post by warbluke » #728030

Idea is to give AIs access like a regular crewmember. Roundstart AI still has AA for crew-helping and Malf-enabling, but new ones have to be given access with the HoP console and their core boards.
The AI access wire in airlocks would still exist but even if connected an AI would still need access to open the door (unless you messed with the access wires.) If cut then no AI could open the door no matter what access they had.

The advantage is that it's less of a big deal for Robos to make more AI units in a round, but the downside is that they're less powerful and likely less fun to play.
It could enable fun things like a Department AI station trait where each department has an AI with access to only department doors, or other similar gimmicks. It could also suck. As it stands making more AIs is the sort of thing you have to tread carefully with, which is bad since it's a non-negligible percentage of what Robos are able to do.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Re: So: AI no AA, Y/N ok?

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728031

I'd rather not. Robos have a lot of other stuff to do than make AIs.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #728037

Might be interesting to have hardware in each department which is granting access to the AI and can be fucked with but ultimately this just makes malf weaker and isn't that fun for regular AI either.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Post by Xkallubar » #728059

No
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #728065

What in the world would be the pros to this?? For the roundstart AI nothing changes, this would only affect later-built AIs and like. Why would I, as a roboticist, build an AI if it cant even open doors?? What would be the point of having a modsuit AI? All the drama of building a second ai would instantly vanish too.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #728085

Haha no thank you.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728091