Table Flipping

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Table Flipping

Post by Drynwyn » #75049

Clicking a table on harm intent should cause you to FLIP THE TABLE ON THEM BITCHES (Doesn't work on reinforced tables.) This would cause anything on the table to go flying elsewhere, and the table to become flipped and allow you to move over it.

I need to be able to negotiate properly!
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: Table Flipping

Post by Loonikus » #75051

Flipped tables should also be able to block projectiles so I can have western saloon shootouts over poker games gone bad.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75079

Bay does have table-flipping. It works.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #76099

Fund it.
Code it.
Bar lasetag fights were never so real.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76101

Tactical waist-high cover, for the real Shepard- or Jensen-style HoS.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #76126

Flipped tables should break after sustaining a certain amount of damage. They shouldn't just be limitless havens of cover. They could have the health of, say, a barricade. Only you can shoot from behind it, but can't get hit while behind it. Could act as a wall, too, if you're approaching the side it's facing.

I remember Bay having this and it was great.

I don't know if they had health though. But fending off aliums or waiting to intercept a gun-toting traitor would be better with this. I'm imagining a deathsquad being called in to eliminate the station after a long rev round and the revs taking cover behind these tables. And then the deathsquad officers are like FUK DAT SHIT and pulse the tables apart into their basic components of metal rods/wooden planks.

If they did have a certain amount of damage resistance before they bust into materials, I think it'd make more sense for wooden tables to take double damage from lasers/pulses/welders and in that case they don't drop wood when broken, just ash.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76140

On Bay they didn't have health, but depended on RNG whether you got hit or not. So spraying worked.
As did kablooies.

Also, I wanna see people flip glass tables against anyone armed with lasers. "Keep your cover, pleb!"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #76143

^That sounds hilarious. If only there were tinfoil or a super polished tray, then it'd make sense to put it behind that glass table and essentially build a giant, makeshift mirror that just belts the lasers right back at the assailant.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76153

Lasers of that intensity would probably burn through that reflective covering.
Now lasertag or practice guns as well as disabler beams, I guess those would get flung back.

Also, x-ray lasers, should they completey ignore cover of any kind as they do with walls?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #76157

I feel like they should ignore tables like they do with almost anything. They're pretty much only limited by the field of sight of the user. And if they ever get to see action outside the panicked environment of a blob round, where it is a literally a race for emitters and X-ray lasers then I say why not.