Are non-crew player controlled mobs valid?

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Are non-crew player controlled mobs valid?

Post by WarbossLincoln » #172135

Title says it. I've heard different things from different people. My example is a player that turns himself into a monkey in genetics. Are they immediately valid. I do this a fair bit on slow rounds for the fun of it. But every time an npc is obviously player controlled some asshole assumes they are valid and tries to kill them. We don't do this with golems, why do we do it with other player mobs? I don't remember who it was but a long time ago an admin told me all player controlled non-crew were valid to be murdred FNR at all, and that seems to have stuck. It gets annoying when you're screwing around and some random crewman is like "OH MONKY ARE VALID, I CAN RUIN SOMEONE'S ROUND"
--Crocodillo

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Are non-crew player controlled mobs valid?

Post by Wyzack » #172141

Does it bother anyone else that most people simply gauge every interaction with another player/being by whether or not they will be banned if they kill them? Would you all just murder everybody if you thought it was "Valid"? I am really starting to hate that word. This is a game you faggots, have fun in ways other than murder once in a god damn while
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #172151

The way I see it:
Player in hostile mob, haha no you gonna die

Player in neutral mob, start shit get hit, otherwise we chill bro

Player in friendly mob, same as above
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172152

Wyzack wrote:Does it bother anyone else that most people simply gauge every interaction with another player/being by whether or not they will be banned if they kill them?
MUH "LOW" """"RP""""
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #172160

iamgoofball wrote:The way I see it:

This is how I approach things, but apparently not everyone does. The other day as a monkey I deconstructed the detective's window to get his camera and I stole his locked cabinet. A non-antag chemist who made a spray bottle of thermite at round start started spraying it at me and trying to light me on fire. I eventually weldered him to death after washing off the thermite but still. I could see smacking the monkey around for that, but dousing him in thermite when he hasn't actually hurt anyone is a little rude.

Wyzack wrote:Does it bother anyone else that most people simply gauge every interaction with another player/being by whether or not they will be banned if they kill them? Would you all just murder everybody if you thought it was "Valid"? I am really starting to hate that word. This is a game you faggots, have fun in ways other than murder once in a god damn while
Apparently not. I have a goal, I've never reached it yet though. I want to be a monkey and get photos of myself with each head of staff. I keep getting murderboned by random doctors/clowns/anyone bored. The closest I got was one round I had the Captain, HOP, CMO, and HOS. Couldn't get to the RD before some assistant beat me to death with an extinguisher cause I was a monkey.
--Crocodillo

Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #172165

Part of me wants to bwoink people who do that just to inquire 'why'd you kill the player controlled Ian/monkey/crate/etc.' More out of curiousity than an attempt to ban them, see why this sort of mentality happens.

But it's not really bwoinkable and give how surprising an admin message can be it'd probably be frowned upon.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #172171

Any monkey in an area remotely considered off limits to an assistant should expect to be killed, as your ventcrawling abilities don't include people having to let you use it unchallenged in their departments.

My suggestion is, if you want to monkey yourself, tell the station or a coworker beforehand so they know not to kill you/tell everyone else on the radio that it's you when someone reports seeing a sentient monkey. You know, common sense procedures one would do when turning themselves into an animal.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #172173

I don't think telling the crew would mean anything. Like a week ago the HOP killed a traitor who left his PDA unlocked with enough points left to buy a holoparasite. He told command and common multiple times that he took it from a traitor and was going to give himself a holoparasite. They still lynched him when someone saw him with the holo.

I'm not talking about breaking into sec(that one example with the detectives camera I did), but what about just walking around the halls? Also, you can't vent crawl with items so you can't really rob people. I agree if you're fucking with dangerous stuff that's one thing, but if you pop out of a vent in medbay and wave to people it's extremely dickish for an assistant to spear you to death.

To me, it just screams of someone getting a boner by taking someone out of the round just because they won't get banned for it. Once in awhile it's just a little annoying, but when it happens 2-3 times less than 5 minutes of being a monkey, while just walking through the hall, it starts being infuriating.
--Crocodillo

Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #172215

iamgoofball wrote:The way I see it:

Do you mean the mob type or the mob's player behavoir? Because if it's the latter enjoy getting chucked out an airlock by an angry xenobiologist. :shades:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172216

The "valid" behavior is why so many of our players left to Lifeweb. People shouldn't ask if it's valid but if there's any point to killing something.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #172268

>so many of our players left to lifeweb
>we have more players than ever

shut your cakehole, the people who went to lifeweb went because it was new and exciting
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172275

yeah p much only guys that permanently left to lifeweb were already permabanned here
kinda says a lot about that place
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172276

What I was saying was that people who only look at things in shades of valid are shitty people who have been removed. No offense to the OP of course since this is a genuine question, but yeah.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #172380

Wyzack wrote:Does it bother anyone else that most people simply gauge every interaction with another player/being by whether or not they will be banned if they kill them? Would you all just murder everybody if you thought it was "Valid"? I am really starting to hate that word. This is a game you faggots, have fun in ways other than murder once in a god damn while
Yeah, this actually happens. Some people just kill everything as long as its not a crew member.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #172381

Scott wrote:
Yeah, this actually happens. Some people just kill everything as long as its not a crew member.
Truth. I've even been killed as a Central Command Official once or twice by non-antags, just because 'hurr durr they're not crew they must be valid'.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #172456

TheNightingale wrote:
Scott wrote:
Truth. I've even been killed as a Central Command Official once or twice by non-antags, just because 'hurr durr they're not crew they must be valid'.
The only person I`ve lynched was a lizard captain that centcom has sent over to us. Everyone knew that centcom doesn`t have lizard heads so the entire crew joined in. He `Reeeee``d so hard. Or had a valid reasoning for lynching, like a golem killing their master.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #172458

TheNightingale wrote:
Scott wrote:
Seems like that should be a bannable offense in my opinion if the person doing the killing is a nonantag. ERTs and COs are generally supposed to be high level members of command and sent to either fix shit up or do some harmless gimmick. Pretty much the opposite of a death squad. The only reason I can see people going out of their way to kill them as nonantags is to be a total dick.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #172533

If the CC member isn't an antag or acting like an antag, then... why is randomly lynching them okay?
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #173393

I gave been lynched as a pet for so many reasons. One of the worst was some asshole who chased me ruthlessly when i was espeon runtime.

Also killing an official centcom officer should be bannable or a traitor one without having good evidence.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #173410

I turned into a monkey once and was immediately set upon by 3 random scrubs when I walked out of medbay. The bartender saved me and kept me behind the bar. I ahelped their lynching but some admin(it was a long time ago) just said monkeys are always valid.
--Crocodillo

starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #173442

Random lynching of non crewman antags is perfectly legal. Sorry to ruin your special snowflake round but if you get spawned into a "special role" then its the same as being a PAI. You can be wiped at any time.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #173488

starmute wrote:special snowflake
Says the animefag.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #173490

kazeespada wrote:I gave been lynched as a pet for so many reasons. One of the worst was some asshole who chased me ruthlessly when i was espeon runtime.

Also killing an official centcom officer should be bannable or a traitor one without having good evidence.

Honestly, why aren't the chucklfucks that kill Centcom Officials just BSA'd into oblivion? Honestly it's Justifiable ICly.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #173492

ThanatosRa wrote:
kazeespada wrote:I gave been lynched as a pet for so many reasons. One of the worst was some asshole who chased me ruthlessly when i was espeon runtime.

Honestly, why aren't the chucklfucks that kill Centcom Officials just BSA'd into oblivion? Honestly it's Justifiable ICly.
because it's piss easy to pretend to be a centcom official nowadays
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #173496

iamgoofball wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:

because it's piss easy to pretend to be a centcom official nowadays
Yea, I suppose that's a good point.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
starmute

Post by starmute » #173519

Scott wrote:
starmute wrote:special snowflake
Says the animefag.
Ad hominem

Irrelevant.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #173970

If you kill a legit Centcomm Official without clearing it with Central first (Unauthorised public lynchings cost them a lot of paperwork), you are not allowed to complain when The Man comes a-knockin'
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #174165

I gotta admit that if an authority figure kills an official "Because non crew = antag" I'll usually send in a deathsquad or blow them up. If the official was a shitter and sec beat them to death/antag got them killed/whatever I'll usually just send in another official with the mission "Find out what happened to the last one"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #174386

I've seen centcomm officials slipped/stunned/tossed around as soon as they set foot on the station before, probably to test if it's a "robust" player playing them or just a random nobody, if the official can't hold his ground then he's eventually harassed to death.

Anyway, this matter was already discussed here some time ago and the general consensus was that xenobio mobs are always valid even if non-hostile and golems too fall under the same category. Monkeys, there's another matter, but I think that a disrupting monkey (as in, a monkey breaking into places and stealing stuff) should be valid as well
starmute

Post by starmute » #174551

Grazyn wrote:I've seen centcomm officials slipped/stunned/tossed around as soon as they set foot on the station before, probably to test if it's a "robust" player playing them or just a random nobody, if the official can't hold his ground then he's eventually harassed to death.

Anyway, this matter was already discussed here some time ago and the general consensus was that xenobio mobs are always valid even if non-hostile and golems too fall under the same category. Monkeys, there's another matter, but I think that a disrupting monkey (as in, a monkey breaking into places and stealing stuff) should be valid as well
Considering changeling rounds are back: Monkeys should be valid.