2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #288646

Bottom post of the previous page:

Napoleon being short (while actually being a propaganda lie) is a meme that has persisted to this day.

Memes, meme warfare never changes.

Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288651

he was short...

compared to his imperial guard.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #288653

Napoleon was pretty tall for the time

Maybe not for today's standards, but he was huge for the time
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #288786

Pol dug up evidence of Macron evading taxes

My only wish is to see how future historians write about modern times. I wonder if old people wanted the same?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288792

Uh pol didn't discover shit lmao.

That's like implying that pol were the ones responsible for releasing the emails... exactly 2 hours I may add after the fucking stupid ass tape of trump talking about sexual abuse.

Anyway, it's pretty clear to be the Russia propaganda machine doing its thing, or what, did you think that the loan to Le Pen from Russian beneficiaries stopped just at money?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #288794

Link? Weaponized autism is always entertaining
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288798

Here's another funny little fact:

The first google search to actually show any real indepth talk about the alleged offshore accounts is... the daily fucking stormer. Yeah, truly those LITERAL nazi's are a viable source.

I even found the "documents" that they've procured and it could literally have been faked in 5 minutes flat. Obviously you're never going to actually find about the company because it's a Nevis company and they don't legally allow any inquests into company ownerships.

So basically it was done in such a way that there is no actual viable way to prove anything or prosecute but all it does is plant doubt into the public. :thinking:

Sounds familiar?
XSI

Post by XSI » #288812

Say what you will, they are impacting stuff

And with all the fake news coming from all sides, that's enough to cause people to consider it and read into things in more detail
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288814

That's ultimately a naive sentiment that this only brings awareness.

It's never going to reach mainline news unless there's far more concrete evidence. This is only going to make "waves" in the internet, specifically far right websites. This wont change any ones opinions, and any more research that they do on the subject will only further their own biases on the matter.

To most people the entire offshore account was just a passing by Marine comment/zinger that she threw and now Macron is going to punch back in civil court. That's it. Nothing else has really made the news and the telegraph is reporting that the evidence has only been posted in far right and affiliated sites.

To anyone that doesn't think this is calculated Russian misinformation remember when I told you that Marine Le Pen has no real way to win unless there is some extreme circumstance that occurs regarding Macron? I'm guessing it's no coincidence that Fillion was trapped in the same shit that Macron is facing right now. Russia knows that Marine Le Pen isn't going to win. I don't think it was ever planned for her to win. The plan was to rile up secessionist and nationalistic fervor in European countries and cause divides. Her job now is to attempt to throw as much shit that can stick to Macron and attempt to delegitimatize Macron as much as possible before he becomes President. I'm sure this entire offshore account tripe will be brought up at a later date with some more "damning" evidence that so just happened to be found.

Honestly I gotta say, Putin has played the global stage like a goddamn opera. He managed to turn public opinion in the far right so much that Russia has now dropped from the biggest threat to the west in favour of Islam. They still continue in their overall plan for the destruction of the west, but hey, at least now they do it in peace from the preying eye of western society as they focus on what really matters... ensuring that the mussies don't get in and destroy our culture!!!!!!!!! I've seen people actually believe that Russia was in the right when it came to Ukraine. These are actual people I know in real life so I know they aren't just the Kremlin internet meme machine and they truly believe that its the west's fault that Russia is causing so much trouble. "We should've just made friends with them and left them to do whatever they wanted.". Russia does not want to be friends because it knows in its current state it will always be an afterthought when compared to the actual powers. Its not content being a regional power, and ever since Putin decided to become a politician Russia is and will never be our "ally".
XSI

Post by XSI » #288821

ColonicAcid wrote: To anyone that doesn't think this is calculated Russian misinformation remember when I told you that Marine Le Pen has no real way to win unless there is some extreme circumstance that occurs regarding Macron?
Because terrorist attacks in Paris don't count as extreme circumstances anymore
Not even shitposting or as a comment against you, just pointing out that multiple people were murdered, multiple times, in brutal ways with some of them tortured to death. And the government suppressing news about it to make sure it doesn't come back to bite them in the ass

And that isn't extreme enough to get people to vote for Le Pen
Macron having offshore money sure as fuck isn't going to do it either. They could blow up a nuke in Paris and the only effect it will have on the votes is that Paris won't get to vote

And because I'm typing anyway
Honestly I gotta say, Putin has played the global stage like a goddamn opera. He managed to turn public opinion in the far right so much that Russia has now dropped from the biggest threat to the west in favour of Islam. They still continue in their overall plan for the destruction of the west, but hey, at least now they do it in peace from the preying eye of western society as they focus on what really matters... ensuring that the mussies don't get in and destroy our culture!!!!!!!!!
Why bother worrying about an invasion by Russia if you're already being invaded?

If people have to choose between an immediate threat that is currently in the process of changing their country in a strongly negative way, and a future threat that will change their country in a strongly negative way if not defended against at a later point, then people are going to vote to end the current threat first.
Because it's happening right now and we need to stop this shit as soon as possible before irreversible damage occurs. Which already happened for a few countries- Sweden and Germany are now majority migrants in the 0-16 age bracket. If you think this is not going to impact either of them then you're naive, blind or both.

Russia is the enemy we have a defence against. We have NATO, militaries, alliances, and so on. People are secure knowing that Russia will not attack them.
Mass immigration is the enemy we have no defence against. No organisations to protect against it or its effects, politicians who are actively encouraging it, and foreign politicians who DEMAND it and will fight any attempts to defend against it.

Yes, Russia has fake news operating in the west. But there is also fake news coming from western organizations. The only people who still trust the news are the ones who don't pay attention to it in the first place, and who will fall for this Russian fake news in the first place.
Say what you will, this is how elections will keep happening from here on
The plan was to rile up secessionist and nationalistic fervor in European countries and cause divides. Her job now is to attempt to throw as much shit that can stick to Macron and attempt to delegitimatize Macron as much as possible before he becomes President.
It's a bit too late for that now. The EU and mass immigration is the cause of this secessionist and nationalistic thing going on. Without the division caused by mass immigration and the complete deligitimization of the EU none of this would have happened. We'd still have a happy Europe working together and doing fine.

But no, instead of that we're now fighting culture wars and trying to figure out which of the hundreds of news outlets is the most trustworthy, and even then we can be pretty sure they're lying.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #288837

There is a defence against mass immigration.

It's called oceans, get bent Europe.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #288840

It's called bullets.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #288842

If you killed enough of them to matter your face would get kicked whoever wins the election France no longer has the EU's back as the remaining nuclear power in the union.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #288843

is xsi the new john_oxford?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #288851

>Unironically thinking this is all a Russian conspiracy
You guys would have loved the 20th century Republicans

I never thought the situation would devolve to the point where I seriously think someone like Le Pen is a good choice. Fuck, remember when political discussions actually involved nuanced economic and technological issues? Now we're debating whether mass killings are "just a part of life", whether accepting thousands upon thousands of migrants from radicalized regions with little to no vetting is a good idea, or whether it's okay to punch someone for their political views. Le Pen's economic views are backwards as fuck (just like Trump's) but I don't see any other good choice.

Also, if this tax evasion stuff is even half true, Macron is finished. This mirrors the US election in so many ways it's not even funny
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #288852

Of course it's fake news spread by Russia. Divide and conquer.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #288867

Luke Cox wrote: I never thought the situation would devolve to the point where I seriously think someone like Le Pen is a good choice. Fuck, remember when political discussions actually involved nuanced economic and technological issues? Now we're debating whether mass killings are "just a part of life", whether accepting thousands upon thousands of migrants from radicalized regions with little to no vetting is a good idea, or whether it's okay to punch someone for their political views. Le Pen's economic views are backwards as fuck (just like Trump's) but I don't see any other good choice.
Pretty much this, it used to be about actual topics that I can see being a thing people disagree on but can still debate about while bringing up merits and negatives and trying to actually convince people their idea is right. Now it's about whether or not to commit collective suicide with a large amount of the people rallying behind the loudest "NO!" voice they can find, regardless of how sane that voice is on other matters.
Wilders didn't get elected here in a large part because his economic views are basically "Fuck doing anything, the rich will take care of it. Or you can all starve I suppose, I don't care.", and he is completely and utterly retarded in just about any other topic aside from immigration as well.
It's amazing how much people are willing to give up if the choice is to either have their culture and way of life erased or to give up nearly everything else

Of course, the same people win no matter what gets voted in. Big banking either gets a shitload of new migrants to give loans to and profit off, or they get their regulations reduced so they can fuck the economy some more and cause another crash
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288880

I would worry about terrorist attacks but I know how goddamn unlikely I am to die to one and how stastically I am more certain to die from a stubbed toe than any radical terrorist so I don't do what the news wants me to do, which is cower in fear at how badly things are going right now, and I live my life how I should.

I hope all of you do too.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #288885

The sad thing is, he probably believes it.
Bring back papercult.

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288893

InsaneHyena wrote:
The sad thing is, he probably believes it.
This entire meme of "hahaha its not russia you loony bins!!!! exde" needs to end.

Russia has LITERALLY been caught red handed doing this shit and you fucking idiots still pretend like they're not trying to change global opinion in order to benefit their geopolitical agenda? Is funding separatist movements throughout all of Europe whilst also participating in cyber attacks on opponents to their regime not enough evidence? Do you need Putin to literally go on state TV and tell it to your stupid thick dumb faces that "Yeah I'm actually pushing an agenda so that Russia comes out ahead lmaoooo"?

Jesus christ I bet you still believe that Poland attacked Germany in WW2 uh?
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #288894

It's not the cold war, Russia isn't the big bad enemy any more. Even if Russia was the one that released it, which there's no solid evidence of yet, but it turns out to be true information then great, Russia is playing the part of the investigative journalist and bringing crucial mud to the table at a critical time.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288896

>it's not the cold war

Well let's see here:
Proxy wars being fought in both Ukraine and Syria.
East vs West sentiment at an all time high

OH look its another cold war. Your belief that Russia just wants to be peaceful and make friends with everyone is deadset fucking wrong. As long as Putin and the old guard of the communist establishment are still in power they will always yearn for the years where they were another superpower and they will not rest until that dream is accomplished. Don't fucking kid yourself, even if it helps you sleep at night knowing that the big bad communists were killed in the early 90's. They just changed their name to a bunch of kleptocrats disguising themselves with an open market, their geopolitical strategies are still straight from the Soviet doctrine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundatio ... eopolitics

Look at the main points in that and tell me, just fucking TELL me if that was a coincidence.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #288907

Except the Ukraine voted to join Russia and Syria isn't being forced to do anything either.

And the East vs West sentiment is only being propagated by a bunch of feral politicians in the West that are convinced that if we don't constantly fuck with and screw over Russia the Cold War will be back with vengeance.

We literally have managed to surround the largest country on earth with military bases, if Russia ever tried anything they'd get bombed to dust and they know it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #288908

ColonicAcid wrote: OH look its another cold war. Your belief that Russia just wants to be peaceful and make friends with everyone is deadset fucking wrong.
Russia is really not up for making friends with everyone.
But the thing is that neither is the EU and our own politicians aren't there for us either.

When the people feel betrayed, they will turn to outside help to get rid of traitors. What is so hard to understand here? Russia didn't attack Libya, opening the floodgates into Europe. Russia didn't attack Syria, sending streams of people through Turkey into Europe. Russia didn't tell us our traditions are racist and bad and shouldn't be done anymore. Russia didn't try to enforce European unification under semi-corporate rule. Russia didn't try to tell us Iraq had WMDs either.
It is true that Russia is not a friend of the western world in geopolitics. But the western governments have shown multiple times over that they are not there to help the European people either.
You always kill a traitor before you kill an enemy, and that is why the western outlets and politicians aren't being listened to anymore.

How hard is it to understand this?
1. Western politics decide to fuck things up for the western population
2. Western population gets increasingly desperate as they get ignored and at times even punished for voicing dissent or trying to prevent further fuckups
3. Western population votes to oppose the people who fucked things up for them
4. Russia supports this because it weakens Europe's already weak cohesion
5. Western politics blames Russia for the result of their own bad policy

Russia is not to blame for all of this. They're profiting from it but it was western politics, not Russia, that started all this.
And now that they're getting the results of their own policies thrown back in their faces, they're crying that it's big bad Russia spreading fake news and meddling with things.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #288909

When the EU collapses and Europe turns into a boiling hellhole Russia won't even be there to try and grab some of the pieces because if they did the US millitary bases boxing them in would shoot at their feet and turn them right around.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #288920

Seeing EU crumble until it's just Belgium and Germany, screeching demands nobody is listening to, is my dream.
Bring back papercult.

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #288922

I'm not surprised Marine Le Pen is in such a rush to leave the EU, I would try to bail out too if I still owed them hundreds of thousands of euroes.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #288925

InsaneHyena wrote:Seeing EU crumble until it's just Belgium and Germany, screeching demands nobody is listening to, is my dream.
do belgium even have their own government again yet or is it still stuck in perpetual hell of three parties without any individual majority refusing to form a coalition
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #288926

ShadowDimentio wrote:Except the Ukraine voted to join Russia and Syria isn't being forced to do anything either.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just stop dude.

It's beautiful, you would think they would have to hire a shit ton of people to propagate their tripe throughout the internet, but no, you hire a couple of offices to spread misinformation and then normal people do it for them. I bet you believe that Euromaidan was just a bunch of neo-nazis protesting the rightful Ukraine government (who took a small """"LOAN""""" of a couple of billions so as to not join the EU and NATO).

I guess I must have missed the completely democratic vote that took place in Crimea because I was too busy noticing the fucking soldiers invading Crimea. Whoops sorry MY BAD.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #288928

ShadowDimentio is like a one person facebook fake news botnet
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
XSI

Post by XSI » #288930

There was actually a democratic vote in Crimea on that
Administered by Russian soldiers. And organized by a pro-Russian seperatist group without any third party overview.

So you know, that's clearly legit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #288931

I just had a thought.

What if Trump has actually been an active /pol/ poster all these years?
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #288932

His son, apparently, was. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who persuaded Donald to retween a Pepe.
Bring back papercult.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #288933

Daily reminder that Ukraine dismantled shitload of nukes after leaving Russia on the promise that the USA would defend them from Russia Invasion. But God Emperor Obama decide, hey, not my problem, too busy arming Islamic separatists to uphold our end of the treaty.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #288942

Daily reminder that the USA sending their military into Crimea to prevent the annexation would've started a world war.

Also a daily reminder that Obama spent years trying to get a rocket shield online in Ukrain (plans for which have existed since the Bush administration) without pissing Russia off enough to start said world war, and finally managed to do so in May 2016.
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #288952

The whole Crimea situation is fucked and there really is no winning move the US can make
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #288967

So you either get war with Russia or you get Russia controlling your government through a decades old conspiracy and media manipulation tactics. I guess Europe is already lost to us, then. Alright, guess we can defund NATO and use the money to build El Wall.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #288975

[youtube]YIAU5U7t2q8[/youtube]
0:51 - 1:40

[youtube]-9ThrbZFviA[/youtube]
Last edited by lntigracy on Fri May 05, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #288976

The problem with the left is that they call themselves "internationalists" and call for unity but at the end of the day they always find the smallest ideological difference to disagree with each other and fail to ally against the common enemy. Only when they're being herded into the death camps they start to realize that maybe, just maybe, the moderate left or moderate right weren't exactly the same as the fascists. Mélenchon's decision to refuse support for Macron against Le Pen or Berniebros abstaining/voting for Trump/third party are the latest examples.
Last edited by Grazyn on Fri May 05, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #288977

Here's the thing about the "Russian hacked" emails. I'm getting two conflicting sources on what went down. The one that has never been caught in a lie reports that the emails were leaked by a disgruntled staffer. The one that has lied incessantly since its founding says the Russians did it, and their source is that they said so.
XSI

Post by XSI » #288983

Apparently it was TWO cases of emails being leaked on that one
One by the staffer, and one by the Russians after they got into the thing because they send an email asking "pls gib password here" and the idiots did it

Either way it's going to be a mess for pretty much forever and never 100% clear
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #288986

Grazyn wrote:The problem with the left is that they call themselves "internationalists" and call for unity but at the end of the day they always find the smallest ideological difference to disagree with each other and fail to ally against the common enemy. Only when they're being herded into the death camps they start to realize that maybe, just maybe, the moderate left or moderate right weren't exactly the same as the fascists. Mélenchon's decision to refuse support for Macron against Le Pen or Berniebros abstaining/voting for Trump/third party are the latest examples.
The latest example was the people calling for Colbert to be sacked over his "lol trump sucks putin's dick" crack

because ACCUSING SOMEONE OF BEING GAY IMPLIES THAT BEING GAY IS BAD AND THAT'S HOMOPHOBIA

The various factions on the right fucking hate each other but they'll still work together, the nearest thing we've had to a right-split in the UK for a longass time was UKIP picking up popularity, and that was pretty much immediately met with "unite the right" campaigns to fend off vote-splitting, promises by UKIP that they wouldn't run candidates against tories that agreed to vote in favour of holding the referendum, and now it's all over their voterbase is slowly vanishing into obscurity again, meanwhile on the left there's half a dozen parties jostling for attention and bickering among themselves that could maybe stand a chance under STV or a similar voting system but under FPTP is pretty much tantamount to handing the seat to the tories.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #289002

http://www.numerama.com/politique/25498 ... 4chan.html

Whoops guess someone forgot to merge layers.

WHAT IT DO WHAT IT DO
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #289861

Macron is winning widely in the polls. Rip France.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #289863

ShadowDimentio wrote:Macron is winning widely in the polls. Rip France.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #289864

Inaccurate, France is now owned by the migrants, please try again
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #289865

ShadowDimentio wrote:Inaccurate, France is now owned by the migrants, please try again
i only have one laughing french lizard
have a cow instead

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #289873

What a shame that nothing will be done and the situation in France will only get worse until nothing can be done or something's finally done much too late.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #289877

Grazyn wrote:The problem with the left is that they call themselves "internationalists" and call for unity but at the end of the day they always find the smallest ideological difference to disagree with each other and fail to ally against the common enemy. Only when they're being herded into the death camps they start to realize that maybe, just maybe, the moderate left or moderate right weren't exactly the same as the fascists. Mélenchon's decision to refuse support for Macron against Le Pen or Berniebros abstaining/voting for Trump/third party are the latest examples.
>death camps
>fascists

alinsky's rules for radicals working out well there

I've tried to understand how people think like this and there seems to be a common theme, maybe an inside morbid joke I don't know, of death camps involving gays and ethnics and x y z popular oppressed group of the day. Maybe I've read too many screencaps posting the dumbest users of twitter and other social media virtue signalling. Or maybe there's been a very real sudden divide in society as people get pressed into radicalizing on one side. There's no way to separate natural shifts of personal political beliefs informed through neutral information from beliefs manipulated through media and social engineering, that much is an objective truth.

So who's been radicalizing both sides? Why are people choosing to hit other people with u-locks? Knives?

It's almost insulting France has to die off slowly while people choose between two politicians, as radical and ironic as saying this is I wish they'd get off their asses and hang the lot and try anew.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Macron is winning widely in the polls. Rip France.
((((polls))))))))))

that being said le pen has far less memetic energy, even if macron seems like a sleezy establishment motherfucker out there to maintain the horrible status quo
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
XSI

Post by XSI » #289892

France also has this thing where media is not allowed to report on election matters the day or so right before the election
But of course, technically 'polling data' and such doesn't count, even though it can certainly influence things.

And if one of them gets elected, they get immunity from whatever they've been doing. Example being Macron and the money stashed in the caribs. If it turns out to be true, nobody can do shit about it because lol presidential immunity
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #289895

modern politics just doesn't really leave any room for hope does it
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.