Bojack Horseman Season 2

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Bojack Horseman Season 2

Post by Timbrewolf » #107454

You can binge watch the whole fucking thing right now.

Go do it.

Embrace all those shitty feelings.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Bojack Horseman Season 2

Post by oranges » #107465

When are you coming back to play
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #107476

oranges wrote:When are you coming back to play
He's on the /tg/station expat forums now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #107552

Mr. PB is too good for Diane, but that's what makes him awesome

And goddamn Bojack takes two steps forward then one step back into a pile of shit or something. WHY MUST YOU RUIN ALL THE GOOD THINGS IN YOUR LIFE
Spoiler:
Mia best girl
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #107581

An0n3 wrote:You can binge watch the whole fucking thing right now.
Already did that.
Hey.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #107684

"Go sit on a sharp dick you piece of shit" - Diane 2015
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #107689

I can't believe they gave Mr. PB depth and character development. It feels WEIRD.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #107690

Jesus fucking christ just fucking kill me holy shit
BoJack.Horseman.S02E10.Yes.And.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SNEAkY.mkv_snapshot_23.44_[2015.07.27_23.38.05].jpg
I'm going to fucking cry
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Knaive

Post by Knaive » #107692

EndgamerAzari wrote:I can't believe they gave Mr. PB depth and character development. It feels WEIRD.
It's awesome. I hated on Mr. PB so much last season and it's all changed now. The hate for Diane still keeps going though.

Gotta watch the season again soon to catch all dem jokes like
Spoiler:
The scene in the diner when the server is yelling "STELLA! STELLA!" is a marlin named Brando
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #107694

Season 2 has made me love Mr. PB. He might be the dumbest character in the show but he's also the most genuine, most honest, and most positive. He's probably the happiest person in the entire cast. In season one it seemed like it was just because he was so naive.

In season two you kinda learn that it's because he's actually the only decent person in the entire city.

Diane and Bojack are such huge pieces of shit though, holy fucking shit why fuck you guys argh.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Knaive

Post by Knaive » #107698

Hope dies if Diane cheats on Mr. PB with Bojack and they make him just as fucked up and jaded as them.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #107739

An0n3 wrote:
BoJack.Horseman.S02E10.Yes.And.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SNEAkY.mkv_snapshot_23.44_[2015.07.27_23.38.05].jpg
Is that paprika delivering a pizza?

Also holy shit im only two episodes in and I feel like crap... WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING!?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Knaive

Post by Knaive » #107769

peoplearestrange wrote:Also holy shit im only two episodes in and I feel like crap... WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING!?
So you can eventually reconcile with the fact that everyone feels like crap, and it's never going to get better.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #107813

An0n3 wrote:Season 2 has made me love Mr. PB. He might be the dumbest character in the show but he's also the most genuine, most honest, and most positive. He's probably the happiest person in the entire cast. In season one it seemed like it was just because he was so naive.

In season two you kinda learn that it's because he's actually the only decent person in the entire city.
Yeah, but he's shown that he does have a point where he just won't let things slide any more and can have internal conflicts and indecision, which I think they did a great job of portraying how alien those feelings are to him.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #107835

Diane doesn't have any fans, does she? I hope not.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #107840

Maccus wrote:Diane doesn't have any fans, does she? I hope not.
I dunno, honestly, I kinda empathize with her. I definitely understand the whole "what you thought you wanted isn't actually what you wanted" situation she went through, though her attitude towards Mr. PB was sometimes a little... I dunno, it almost felt out of character. I didn't really like her character that much, but I could at least identify with some aspects of her.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #107911

Maccus and I had a long chat about the show and its characters.

Mr. PB is really interesting in the show because he's such a pure, honest, straightforward guy. He'd be a really flat and uninteresting character anywhere else.

But in Bojack you see him get hurt and retaliate and stick up for himself at times. His worst moments are easily justifiable as righteous jealously or anger over being mistreated or slighted. His absolute worst quality is that he's portrayed as kind of a dullard, he's not perceived as "emotionally intelligent" as characters like Bojack, Diane, or Wanda are but we're shown at times that it's maybe not total naivete but because he really is focused on the bottom-line of being a good person and feeling good and making others feel good.

...and it's just so twisted in space of the entire show that those aims make him seem like such a fucking moron and a rube when the real truth is he may have life figured out better than anyone else in the cast.

A lot of the conflict between him and Diane is a result of him just wanting to be happy with her, while she isn't prepared to be with someone whose whole life revolves around her. That's Mr. PB's worse quality: despite all his generosity and honesty he's too simple for her.

...and that's just another soul-crushing thing on display here. That sometimes in life and love there is such a thing as being too honest and too generous. And that fucking suuuuuuuucks.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108072

Maccus wrote:Diane doesn't have any fans, does she? I hope not.
*Nervously raises hand*

W-why? Is that bad or something...?

She has a depth, she's obviously trying but still fucking it up. She has a dream and a desperation to get her skills and her writing to be accepted by those around her. It's slightly pathetic but not really in a way that pretty human and relatable. She's obviously stick with Mr.PB because he makes her feel safe which is an easy emotion to respond to. But then theirs an attraction to Bojack because she can relate to his want to be recognised for his work, they're both pretty needy people.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #108372

Diane is just as relentlessly needy and self-centered as Bojack is, she's just less self-destructive and honest about her terribleness. This season spends a lot of time on her and none of it is flattering or reassuring.

I don't hate her guts but watching her constantly waffle on everything is really frustrating.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #108419

is it on UK netflix
i ask because UK/EU/US netflix decides HEY THESE THINGS EXIST BUT WE'RE GOING TO TAKE YOU TO MOVIES WITH SIMILAR TITLES INSTEAD like fuck off give me the movie you obviously have it jesus fucking christ
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108425

Yeah its on UK netflicks. At least the first 2 episodes that i've watch are, so I'd imagine the whole thing is.

And yeah that annoys me too... it's like really, I spending this money so I don't have to pirate this shit, but now, I actually have to, again.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #108754

I restarted my Netflix just to give this show a try. I was expecting it to just be surreal comedy; was not expecting the black humor, drama and sadness. I'm hooked as fuck.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #108765

Mister_Doc wrote:I restarted my Netflix just to give this show a try. I was expecting it to just be surreal comedy; was not expecting the black humor, drama and sadness. I'm hooked as fuck.

Yeah, the first episode is really kinda misleading. I wonder how much of the goofy humor was just for the pilot to sell the show to execs. Look, Bojack is puking again! Haha! Todd is caught up with the Spanish Cartels for some reason! This tests well! This will sell!
...and then it quickly nosedives into alcoholism, depression, and bleak humor. But it struck well enough anyway and now it's a thing, thankfully.

I had a discussion with someone else about how a lot of the humor in the show is kinda forced and not-funny. I appreciate it in the way that a lot of the 90's sitcoms and shit that it's a weird parody of also had similar crappy punchlines and obvious deliveries. The whole show is a commentary on how shitty Hollywood is, I think a part of that is in the writing for the show itself. It shouldn't be a comedy, it's really more of a drama, but it HAS to try to be funny and jokey because it's still a cartoon show about a talking horse. That's just how show business works. That's Hollywood, and I don't know how much of that is actually intentional or just a by-product of the fact that it's still a television show produced by people like the people it's trying to parody for people it's also making fun of the whole time.

I'm happy to see that I raved so much about this whole fucking thing and convinced so many people to watch it and, for the most part, it seems everyone is enjoying it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #108772

I love that the animal people thing isn't really directly confronted, it just is and exists mainly for puns and humor. I feel like it'd detract from the show if they made it more of a serious point.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #108785

Mister_Doc wrote:I love that the animal people thing isn't really directly confronted, it just is and exists mainly for puns and humor. I feel like it'd detract from the show if they made it more of a serious point.
There's an episode in the second season devoted to sort of explaining some of it but not really. It's weird.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #108786

I'm only a few episodes in, but I'm loving the second season just as much.