Skyglazer
Byond Username: Skyglazer

[Shadowlight213]Skyglazer - Spawning Deathsquad during gang

Post by Skyglazer » #142263

Byond account and character name: Skyglazer - Studies-And-Surveys
Admin: Shadowlight213
Time incident occured: Approx. 11:00 PM EST, 12/22/15
Detailed summary:
A round begins, I'm recruited as a gang boss by Mekhi Anderson into the Gene gang. Shit doesn't go too well for the first bit, but we get on our feet eventually because despite having comedically bad aim the man has a concept of strategy (recruiting me and bossing me instantly, obviously best strategy.) Either way, that's not what this is about. It's a good ways into the round, our gang just took out an enemy Phazon invading Medbay with a good deal of effort, but we come out victorious. It takes a while to revive me, but I eventually manage to put down the dominator in Chemistry. It's our last attempt, but nearly everyone else has died so I'm counting on it being a relatively easy win. Not the case, as an entire deathsquad busts down the wall Kool-aid man style and dunks on all of our asses, crushing the gang beneath tons of pulse laser shots.

The way in which this affected me was I was effectively screwed out of winning a round because Shadowlight213 got too bored and called in the deathsquad. Especially when the round is close to ending, (shuttle was called, dominator was being placed,) this is just poor form and most of my fellow gangsters shared my sour feelings in deadchat once we were burnt to crisps by the elite murderbone squad spawned by Shadowlight. Overall, the deathsquad was unnecessary and the admin intervention screwed me and quite a lot of other players out of a victory we deserved, which I feel is reason enough to complain. Shadowlight should tone it down on intervening, or at the very least only doing so when it is necessary and not just out of boredom. As previously stated, the round was already about to end, so the deathsquad was not needed and only amounted in pillars of salt oozing from my fingers into my keyboard as I type this post. Thank you for taking the time to take the complaint into consideration.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: [Shadowlight213]Skyglazer - Spawning Deathsquad during g

Post by Zilenan91 » #142264

I blame peer pressure, people were spamming YOU'RE A KID NOW, YOU'RE A SQUID NOW in prays.
I was one of them
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #142265

I already complained at him vaguely in asay about this since I happened to be on for once in a blue moon, we don't really need this kind of reckless admin intervention to be happening all the time.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #142266

So, from what I saw, every single gang boss except mekhi was dead, and they were naked.
I assumed that no one had access to a gang tool to place down another dominator, as well as the possibility of the dominator limit being reached.

It wasn't boredom by the way. It was the entirety of deadchat chanting for deathsquad, as well as me muting at least 5 people who were chanting prays combined with me thinking the round was fucked.
To be honest, I could have just made the shuttle come faster.
Skyglazer
Byond Username: Skyglazer

Post by Skyglazer » #142268

Dead people will beg for the living to die, that's just what happens all the time. And the entire round, I myself as a gang boss was only ever in crit, spawned two dominators, and was never dead. So it's a matter of being more attentive and trusting your own judgement over peer pressure.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #142273

to be fair I took down a mech, halfkilled a borg, and shot the fuck out of the HoS while being a naked guy without gravity.
(The fact that I was dual wielding UZIs was irrevelant) :)
but then again I was dieing from plasma because invisible plasma kills every time :(
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #142279

Reminds me of what happened during my gang round.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #142368

I will say that Shadowlight has been pressured by deadchat to spawning deathsquads in the past, so this is almost definitely like that
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #142427

Gotta learn to realize that all of deadchat' ideas are bad
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #142477

I think this was actually maybe the second time I've spawned a deathsquad that wasn't for end round centcom shenanigans.
Usually if I take action on something I usually send something underpowered for the situation at hand. As I said, it wasn't solely deadchat pressure. It definitely contributed, but I made an incorrect judgement call from what I had seen of the situation and thought that the remaining gang leadership was unable to place a dominator.
It was a bad call I admit. I should have investigated further to confirm that the gang was unable to dom rather than jumping to conclusions and acting on them.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #142499

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Gotta learn to realize that all of deadchat' ideas are bad
Are you implying that me getting spawned in as Hulk Hogan to fight aliens while patriotic music plays was a terrible idea?
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #142524

callanrockslol wrote:Are you implying that me getting spawned in as Hulk Hogan to fight aliens while patriotic music plays was a terrible idea?
That sounds awesome
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #142696

Valid complaint, I've spoken to shadowlight about it a little bit and he agrees it was an instance of misjudgment which hopefully should not be repeated. There's nothing wrong with letting the round play out most of the time, and this sort of admin interference is excessive in almost all instances anyway.

Listening to deadchat is also almost always an awful idea, they stand to lose nothing by encouraging you to delete singularity containment and spawn a supermatter shard.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #142829

it's not a valid complaint, fuck people who think they deserve greentext.

Greentext was never the answer

fun rounds and rp was the answer.

op you should be ashamed.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #142849

>deathsquad killing everyone is fun and rp

That's on par with rocks-fall-everyone-dies.