Byond Username: Bluespace

[Kor/MSO] Bluespace - Cheating

Post by Bluespace » #98900

Byond account and character name: Bluespace & Boris Pepper
Banning admin: MSO proxybanned me for Kor
Ban type (What are you banned from?): In-game
Ban reason and length: Cheating/admin abuse - Perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): NA
Was told to post an appeal so here we go.
I was originally de-adminned for making myself a slaughter demon, i'm not appealing that at all and agreed admins shouldn't just make them antag and I deserved that, however, trying to login tonight, I was banned, so I enquired for more information, to find I was permabanned for spawning a blood puddle in the science airlocks after making myself a slaughter demon.
Up until I got deadminned, my interest in SS13 was gone and I probably wouldn't have even appealed this, but last night it was so refreshing just logging in and being a player but it re-ignited my interest, and I played for quite a few hours, having a fair amount of fun.
MSO showed me the logs of the spawning, and honestly I don't even think I did it for me, I think I did it for another demon, but i'm just going to assume it was for myself and say well shucks.
I intended to jump ship from tgstation13 to arma 3 communities full time, and I honestly didn't care much for what other thought of what I was doing. I had too much respect for people to outright spawn myself in as wizard each round and kill everyone, but I did try roleplay demon a little. It worked out fairly well, until a changeling aggravated me and I ate people.
Regardless, what I did was as an admin, and I recieved punishment for that. I'll never be an admin again, I doubt i'll have much of a standing in the community and i'm not likely to be picked for admin events ever, that will continue.
But the permaban, it seems a bit much. A weekban, maybe 2? It would've sucked but I would've taken it. I don't feel I should be taken permanently out of the community completely. For all the shit I did, there were times I actually administrated very well, and at the start of my admin time, I would admin both servers at once by myself.
I'm just wanting to get back into the game so I can continue seducing CMOs and cooking up crazy schemes with the chef.
That's that, I await judgement I guess.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: [Kor/MSO] Bluespace - Cheating

Post by tedward1337 » #98902

I don't actually understand why you'd get perma'd
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #98928

It's not really a good punishment if you don't care about the consequences of your actions.

You were trusted not to abuse the powers given to you and you did it anyway, there are few worse offenses an admin can do.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #98972

tedward1337 wrote:I don't actually understand why you'd get perma'd
Same reason we perma for metacomms. Cheating using admin powers is extremely detrimental to the game, and unlikely to be caught.

And it's extra shitty to do it in a position of trust meant to enforce the rules on everyone else. Especially after being given that position a second time after fucking up.

The appeal basically seems to be "I knew what I was doing was wrong but I didnt think there'd be serious consequences/I wouldn't care about them"

"Hey wait a second this punishment is actually unpleasant please take away the thing I had no interest in anyway" is not a reason to lift the ban. You made a choice to burn the bridge on the way out, it's a bit late to change your mind.

Short of MSO stepping in I'm not going to lift the ban, especially not so soon.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #98974

Kor wrote:-snoop-
Alright, thanks for clearing it up kor
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #98987

He was being a shitty admin, you dealt with that.

A perma seems a bit much.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #98991

Please don't delete posts in this thread. I think it's fair for people to post their opinions on what is a harsh punishment for a long time admin. I'm not likely to change my mind on this, but people are still free to disagree with me.

(The obvious exception, of course, being actual shitposts like the one MSO deleted).
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #99011

Seems kinda harsh, A ban certainly. Perma?

Eh....seems excessive.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #99017

Ted does it? Eh, buck him back down to trialmin.

Bluespace does it? PERMABAN HE.

Kor I like you as headmin, and I'd probably vote for you, but is it possible you're overreacting? Especially considering this involves slaughter demons.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #99024

I can't undelete things I delete, sorry callan.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #99031

Vekter wrote:Ted does it? Eh, buck him back down to trialmin.

Kor I like you as headmin, and I'd probably vote for you, but is it possible you're overreacting? Especially considering this involves slaughter demons.
Tedward ran a shit event giving one player meth in one round

Bluespace openly admitted he just gave himself antag repeatedly, one of the most powerful antags currently available too. He's also been absent or shit for a good few weeks now.

I'm voting this permaban stays. He doesn't deserve to be here.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #99032

Kor wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:I don't actually understand why you'd get perma'd
Same reason we perma for metacomms. Cheating using admin powers is extremely detrimental to the game, and unlikely to be caught.

And it's extra shitty to do it in a position of trust meant to enforce the rules on everyone else. Especially after being given that position a second time after fucking up.

The appeal basically seems to be "I knew what I was doing was wrong but I didnt think there'd be serious consequences/I wouldn't care about them"

"Hey wait a second this punishment is actually unpleasant please take away the thing I had no interest in anyway" is not a reason to lift the ban. You made a choice to burn the bridge on the way out, it's a bit late to change your mind.

Short of MSO stepping in I'm not going to lift the ban, especially not so soon.
I didn't want to put some gimmicky long-winded apology that nobody would believe.
I accept what I did was a cuntish thing to do, but I feel I already received a punishment for it.
IC, I'm good. I run a great character that gets into lots of fun situations.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #99039

Vekter wrote:Ted does it? Eh, buck him back down to trialmin.

I wasn't the one who dealt with Tedward. Of course the situations got handled differently.

And yes it's possible I overreacted because muh demons. However the ban length was a placeholder while I consulted with the head admins, and MSO, HBL, Ikarrus and Sticky all have no such special attachment, yet they all agree a permaban is appropriate.

Bluespace was already on probation/at the badmin rank for fucking around. Ironically, it was only because I'd logged on to try and give him midi powers back that he got caught doing any of this.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #99046

If the headmins and MSO are in agreement, then I highly doubt the ban will be overturned.
Boris Pepper and I tip our caps and wish you gents a secure day.
Perhaps we will meet again in the future.
(this appeal can be locked.)
Last edited by Bluespace on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #99049

>thread isn't locked
>i'm apparently allowed to post on it

I bet 10000$ that bluespace is going to end up like terbs and paprika. Everyone is going to be saying #BringBackBluespace2055 in a few months, then all the shits storms of listing things that he did, most likely inflating them so it seems like he DDOS'd the server.

Honestly, bluespace is cash as shit.
Get that fucker back in here.
Spoiler:
inb4 i get a fourm ban for posting on a ban appeal that wasent locked, that i though i was allowed to post on. rip me.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #99117

People have been banned and unbanned for practically worst offenses, you could just revoke all admin rights and be done with it. I haven't seen him act like a total shitler IC wise and guy's decent OOC wise. He may had fucked up admin wise but not conduct as far as I see. I wager if you dig through notes of other deadmins some among the list may have been as bad as this and just deadmin and allowed to play instead of permaban. We boop'd tedward on the nose for that item spawning incident, I don't see how it's much different. Don't read too much into the much different aspect, teddy was technically in the same boat as bluespace and he's not permabanned, we just made fun of him was all.
Wolfy13
Byond Username: Wolfy13

Post by Wolfy13 » #99119

Bluespace was always a good player whose long-term goals were aligned with the community at large. This permaban seems needlessly harsh a punishment since a repeat incident is literally impossible once he's been deadminned.

#BlueBalledForBluespace

Also slap the cuffs on me for posting in this thread :^)
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99124

I never had issues with Bluespace or Boris Pepper. Admin ban is legitimate for abuse, but perma ban?
DrunkenMatey
Byond Username: DrunkenMatey

Post by DrunkenMatey » #99141

I've had issues with Boris Pepper but I have had limited interactions with him so maybe he is usually fine? I can understand where the perma is coming from but maybe let him come back after a couple weeks or something.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #99143

Comparing to Papa Scardy this minor incident is nothing, but then again Scardy was the host at the time.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99156

But sos wasn't banned right? He just left when host changed?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99159

To everyone saying this is uncalled for or whatever.

Consider this, admins choose to be admins, they choose to uphold the rules and be role models on how to act and play. Of course at the end of the day we are all humans, mistakes happen. If it's something done not deliberately we can forgive, forget and teach them that it was a bad thing. If someone, after fucking up once, being removed, being allowed back in to an admin, and then he deliberately fucks with shit because "lol i dont care about this game/server/whatever anymore so i'm going to grief" he does not deserve to be here. ESPECIALLY if he's part of the one group of members in the communtity that is made to uphold the rules.
He should know the rules better than anyone, as soon as he decided to grief intentionally and give himself antag or whatever he deserved exactly what he got.
Is this harsh? God fucking now, since he showed absolutely no regrets for his actions when he was doing them he deserved the permaban and it should stick. See how he only is repentant after he got permabanned? I'm not going to 100% assuredly say what's going on his mind, but it was probably something along the lines of:
lmao the worse thing I'll get is deadminned which who cares because I don't want to admin anyway.
This was a gross violation of the rules and being let off because of it due to personal experiences that you had with his IC character is missing the whole fucking point of the exercise.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #99228

I never had any real problems with Bluespace, they were always fair when I interacted with them via adminhelps. And Boris Pepper, in my experience, has always been an admirable character when not an antag. I think a permaban is a little overkill - everyone makes mistakes, everyone has periods of badness, everyone needs a stiff kick to the ass once in a while.

But a permaban isn't a stiff kick. You need to punish the behavior, yes, ensure it doesn't happen again, yes (de-admin BS), but permabanning them doesn't do anything good here. It doesn't solve the problem, rehabilitate the problematic player, or expand our community. Bluespace fucked up, but they shouldn't be permanently and irrevocably banned. Give them a few weeks or a month, then probation of a few months.

We've all fucked up and made bad decisions, even over a period of time (I spent three years in a self depressive slump fucking up), but we need to be able to forgive, if they're repentant and willing to make the effort to be forgiven.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #99894

Either way you were trusted with the ultimate power and you chose to abuse it. A regular player wouldn't be getting unbanned this quickly, neither should a former admin.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin