[Don't know the admin] - Senseless muting, then ahelp muting

Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

[Don't know the admin] - Senseless muting, then ahelp muting

Post by Stan_Studnick » #108964

BYOND name: Stan_Studnick
Admin: ???
Time: 2:15ish AM CST

There was a lowpop lingteam murderbone on Basil, and after basically everyone was dead I made a restart vote to provoke the lings to call the shuttle and not fuck around further. Due to lag, the shuttle was called so I was pretty okay with that, but I did notice that the vote was canceled so I said, something like "wow the vote was cancelled" and then DEAD: Stan Studnick says, "Glad to see admins are still shitheads." Then I got muted from deadchat. I gave it a bit, thinking whoever it was had to get their hurt feelings felt, and then I ahelped something like "wow thanks for muting me for absolutely no real reason, could you stop that shit please?" and then without a reply I got muted from ahelp. I was going to join in the OOC discussion, but I figured I'd get muted there by whichever admin it was.

I'd like somebody to look into this please and I'd also like to know which admin felt it necessary to do all this.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Don't know the admin - Senseless muting, then ahelp muti

Post by Stickymayhem » #108965

[07:16:42]SAY: Ghost/Stan_Studnick : Admin killed the vote nice
[07:17:00]SAY: Ghost/Stan_Studnick : Glad to see admins are still shitheads.
[07:17:15]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Yuri Shtebleton) has muted stanstudnick/(Stan Studnick) from deadchat and DSAY
[07:20:18]SAY: Ghost/Stan_Studnick : SO GLAD I GOT MUTED TEE HEE
[07:23:08]ADMIN: HELP: Stan_Studnick/(Stan Studnick): Thanks for muting me in deadchat for absolutely no sensible reason. Could you stop that shit please? - heard by 0 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[07:23:15]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Yuri Shtebleton) has muted stanstudnick/(Stan Studnick) from adminhelp, admin PM and ASAY

After Round End

[07:29:57]OOC: Stan Studnick/Stan_Studnick : Welp. Admin mutes me from talking entirely, looks like I can't reply to anything! So about that, yeah, Saiga, I'm sorry, I didn't know it would do that! I was refusing you blood because I wanted to make it hard for you to run, I didn't realize you were passing out. I'm going to go because the game's pretty much unplayable due to being muted except in OOC, and I fully expect that to get muted as well. Also, for whoever is doing that, muting ahelp without a reply is a real dick thing to do.

That's everything relevant I got. Not cool to mute people without explanation or even warning. Literally just woke up and about to leave for work though so I can't do more right now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stan_Studnick

Re: [Don't know the admin] - Senseless muting, then ahelp mu

Post by Stan_Studnick » #108966

Thanks for the reply, Sticky, I appreciate that.

Wow, so NikNakFlak has it out for me I guess. I am not even slightly surprised that it was him that did this.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #108969

NikNakFlak has refused to respond so this is up to the headmins.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #108971

Sticky is the salt enabler.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #108977

At least have the will to admit you're a whiny buttbaby who deserved the mute
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #108989

oranges wrote:At least have the will to admit you're a whiny buttbaby who deserved the mute
He bitched two lines in deadchat, that isn't deserving of a mute.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #108990

Muted
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #109044

Remember that time I argued with you niknak in your feedback thread about using admin powers to win?
this is what I meant.

It's like you cannot exist unless you control the dialogue entirely, and while stan studnick is a smarmy douche, this is exactly the sort of passive aggressive action I referenced from you. Like I said in feedback, two years old events is hardly irrelevant if you're continuing the same trend. ignoring your own complaint, for shame.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #109048

Are admins allowed to ignore substantiated complaints? I'm curious about that, it sets a pretty bad precedent.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #109054

rdght91 wrote:Are admins allowed to ignore substantiated complaints? I'm curious about that, it sets a pretty bad precedent.
Niknak doesn't have to acknowledge this thread at all, it's up to the headmins to decide if and what actions need to be taken.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #109073

rdght91 wrote:Are admins allowed to ignore substantiated complaints? I'm curious about that, it sets a pretty bad precedent.
Actually according to sticky we can just call you a cunt and leave you to scream your head off so long as we don't actually do anything to you. So fuck off, shit cunt bucket.

NikNakflak/(alien larva (729)) : If I cant call players a shit cunt bucket, then niether can they, its under rule 1
Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner) : You can
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #109099

Saegrimr wrote:
Actually according to sticky we can just call you a cunt and leave you to scream your head off so long as we don't actually do anything to you. So fuck off, shit cunt bucket.

NikNakflak/(alien larva (729)) : If I cant call players a shit cunt bucket, then niether can they, its under rule 1
A: didn't even know he was online, he "went to bed"
B: I don't want anything to happen, I just want this noted publically because NikNak has been increasingly shit toward me and it's getting old. This started months ago and it's finally come to a head recently. I probably should have stated that in my original post.
C: I had my suspicions it was NikNakFlak because honestly whenever he's online I'm going to have a bad time. I PM'd MSO on IRC to look into it and my first line said, "it was probably NikNakFlak" but I avoided posting that here because I was really hoping it wasn't him. Really, I wouldn't have said shit if it was just deadchat, I did publicly call the admins shitheads after all and that's not nice, but it went beyond that.

Like, I don't know if the guy has some personal problems in life and he's going through a hard time but he did a 180 with me and I really don't know why. I don't think I've been treating him differently but I have noticed an increase in general irritability over the past two months and an increase in hostility toward me in about the same time frame. I'm not saying he needs to be deadminned because of what is ultimately minor incidents, but I think this sort of thing does need to be recorded because it is a legitimate complaint. I have asked him if he needs somebody to talk to or something awhile back but lately I've just been avoiding him in-game and on IRC, rarely do I even mention him and I mostly focus on other people. Not really going to change that, it just sucks that this even happened and I had to post this whole thing.

oh and

D: shit ass fucken saegrimr anal beads fall down a stairs on to some dicks
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #109105

Saegrimr wrote:

What the fuck dude? What did I do to you?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #109106

He was making a point. Nobody gives a fuck about insults, cocksucker.

Well, as far as rules are concerned. Personally, I still believe people should adhere to some minimum standard of decency, but that would just sound hypocritical now that I've repeated the making of said point.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #112153

I forgot to respond to this and then I was on vacation and this is years late but I spoke with Niknak about this, and he's agreed to let people have their opinions, even if they're (what he considers) bad opinions (such as stupid restart votes).

Let me know if it continues to be an issue.