Steam Summer Sail 2015

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Steam Summer Sail 2015

Post by Timbrewolf » #97749

Bottom post of the previous page:

Remie Richards wrote:I beat you too it by about a minute, But cheers An0n.
wat?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #97751

An0n3 wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:I beat you too it by about a minute, But cheers An0n.
wat?
That guide you just posted, came back to see the guide literally a minute after the script installed, haha.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97752

Oh good.

Welcome to the jet engine to 100,000,001

[youtube]d38JDYr6nL0[/youtube]

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97757

the script made me leave my current room

now im waiting and waiting but its not putting me in another one
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97761

Ricotez wrote:the script made me leave my current room

now im waiting and waiting but its not putting me in another one
If you can't get back into any speed rooms tonight such is life in the fast lane.

Ideally you'll want to come back at 12pm EST tomorrow anyway and run it again, to try to dive immediately into a room with all the script bro's.

I joined my room at around 1pm EST.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #97762

>1 away from first xxxx00 in a while
>someone wormholes
>xxxx01

WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97764

>You have previously left this game. You cannot join this game again.

welll fuck you too steam

EDIT: also I think that this is the last day of the summer game, the cards expire June 22nd at 7PM
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97768

Oh hey it looks like you're in my room now Rico, the level numbers and player numbers when I refresh are close (1-2 off) so I think so.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97771

yeah I joined yours because it was the highest level one in the Friends overview, the one I left was over 200,000 but I can't rejoin it
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97772

The script is worth it. The script is your only hope now.

If your room was that far along and only at 200k chances are you weren't going to make it with that group anyway.

I'm crunching numbers and feeling the pressure. We're a quarter of the way there with 14 hours left. Not looking good. Shitters must have clogged up this room because we can't seem to get a warp higher than 100-200k now before they kill the boss.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97774

Yeah I did some rough maths on the room me and rico are in, it looks like we're going to get nowhere close to 100,000,001.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97775

what's the deal with 100,000,001?
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97776

Ricotez wrote:what's the deal with 100,000,001?
High number on your badge for the game.
and a new badge. (Rumors of another badge for getting to 100,000,001 5 times but it just sounds like a "Stay and help people" kinda rumor)
100,000,001 is also the level cap.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97778

YESSSSSS.png
>dat 1.3million jump

A bunch of rooms have hit 100mil now. Be on the lookout for some new ones to take their place. Supposedly some players have gotten it down to a science where they can hit 100mil in under five hours. If you know where to look for the leaderboards you might be able to join a new game that'll rocket to the top.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97779

>ANOTHER WORMHOLE PAST THE xxxx00

FUCK THIS ROOM JESUS.
FUCK YOU BIGGINS YES I SAW YOUR NAME.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97782

alright I will try the script then, it's not like I will be able to get a badge past 300,000 otherwise anyway
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97783

Jesus christ all these fucking nuke shitters

Is this what it felt like to be Japan in WW2?

STOP NUKING YOU ASSHOLES
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97786

Anyone else wanna go all in and jump into a high room (http://drx.pl/steamgame/) using that manual room joining "cheat"?

49666 has completed the game but has slots left, does joining it mean you win or? I have no idea.

The next highest ones are either too full or too risk to join (1-2 slots left, basically means you're throwing away whatever progress you have atm)
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97791

I have zero progress right now, how do I join these rooms?
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97792

Ricotez wrote:I have zero progress right now, how do I join these rooms?
Open the game (http://steamcommunity.com/minigame/ this link, no other, if it's not this link, go to this one)
Open the Javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+J or F12 iirc)
Go to the console tab
JoinGame(xxx); where xxx is the room number.

I'm tempted to do it because I have a friend at around 2,000 less than my room so if I did get fucked over I can still get 2,000 less than I would have in the end (unless my friends room ends up beating mine at some point)

If joining a completed room with slots works with getting the badges and shizzle (you have to beat a boss for it to update your rank) PLEASE report back.
Last edited by Remie Richards on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97793

Dear GOD

THISISPODRACING.png

It fucking exploded we flew too close to the sun
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97794

hmm nope, can't join it because it's a far higher level than I ever reached
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97796

Ricotez wrote:hmm nope, can't join it because it's a far higher level than I ever reached
Damn, figured the function didn't have any of the "highest level reached" nonsense.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97799

The good news is if we can keep boosting like this my room should hit 100,000,000 in a few hours and I'll be able to jump out of this room and into another with like 10,000 wormholes of my own.

Argh this is fucking ridiculous. I keep doing the math for where we need to be along the way but it requires solving some calculus. It's not a linear progression.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97804

53,747 in 4 hours is complete garbage.
*sigh* :/

Edit: I restarted, maybe this next room will be better, if not, there's always my friend's 51,000~ room, just gotta jump to it before it goes past 53,000 or I'll miss my chance.

Edit 2: thanks triple-q
[youtube]QbagXjJDoHU[/youtube]
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97973

Was at 70million when I went to sleep
Woke up and checked just now.

Only made it to 84million total.

[youtube]eVTXPUF4Oz4[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97985

summer sales are over

^ not directed at the sales but at all the money I spent this year
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #98239

This year I decided I had enough games.
This year I decided I didn't need anymore than 168 games.
This year my wallet could rest.
This yea- OOOHH! Elite Dangerous has a 25% discount! Buy!
Shit.

47 games never played... never... played.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #98245

I bought Fallout 3 for someone who now has a non-working copy of it, New Vegas and Skyrim so I could finally go legal and Talos Principle because why the fuck not. Also, GTA V as a gift for a friend.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #98250

peoplearestrange wrote:This year I decided I had enough games.
This year I decided I didn't need anymore than 168 games.
This year my wallet could rest.
This yea- OOOHH! Elite Dangerous has a 25% discount! Buy!
Shit.

47 games never played... never... played.
story of my life
Spoiler: