METAL GEAR ONLINE PEECEE

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

METAL GEAR ONLINE PEECEE

Post by Drynwyn » #146773

THE PC BETA OF METAL GEAR ONLINE IS UP

WHO WANTS TO SHOOT SOME SHIT WITH ME WHILE WEARING METAL GEAR RAY AS A HAT
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: METAL GEAR ONLINE PEECEE

Post by tedward1337 » #146774

where is said beta
And how does one get entrance
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #146775

tedward1337 wrote:where is said beta
And how does one get entrance
You right click on METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN then click on properties, go to the betas tab and click on MGO Beta or whatever it says. Bam, you're beta now.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #146810

been playing a lot of it, it's really fun especially with a group of friends.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #146838

TechnoAlchemist wrote:been playing a lot of it, it's really fun especially with a group of friends.
can i join you some time
none of my friends are METAL GEAR enthusiasts
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #146839

How big is the download after you enlist in beta?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #146840

Lumbermancer wrote:How big is the download after you enlist in beta?
<4gbs
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #146842

Well I tried to find a match eight or ten times using automatic/random, but it kept disconnecting me from session every time.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #146843

Lumbermancer wrote:Well I tried to find a match eight or ten times using automatic/random, but it kept disconnecting me from session every time.
Weird, I've had no issues with that.

I have had no luck figuring out how to make CQC work with lag, from what I can tell it's basically a crapshoot.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #146860

just a heads up

people figured out the server listings are where-ever your STEAM DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS are set

so if you're doing the "download from indian servers so that i dont get sale DL lag" trick, reset that back to where you normally are otherwise you get problems with lag and/or no matches.

got a level 14 infiltrator so far, figured out that deploying with a silenced tranq pistol, a box, and sleep nades + level 2 of Fulton and Non Lethal Weapons perks is probably the best infiltrator loadout if you're going for the full stealth fulton meme

if you're extra bored you can also deploy with no equipment at all
you go super fast but CQC chokes for knockouts and fultons is all you have because >cant pick up enemy guns

ALSO FFS if you're an infiltrator try to set your character clothing up to be camoflagued/blacked out if you're doing night missions, because your camo and clothing actually help with stealth shit

i keep seeing infiltrators throw on the ballistic vest with the default tan coloring and get lit up by enemy snipers and shit because the tan on black is visible as fuck, and then whine about how they got spotted.

players are way more likely to scan past you not noticing when trying to mark people if you're wearing camo in the jungle areas, or pure black for running around in night-time missions

the full head covering hat is pretty good too, since it'll hide most your face, and your face sticks out like a sore thumb unless you've camo'd it up too, this is why
Spoiler:
using the venom snake character as your infiltrator so that you can throw on some face paint/recolor hair/etc. for the situation
is the best option for an infiltrator character.