N.A.N.B.

A Preposterous End to a Promising Round

Post by N.A.N.B. » #22467

Your byond account:NANB
Your character name:Rocky McDoughboy XIV
Their character names:Honkers, Johnny English, and Josh Morris
Their byond accounts:Evilgrim123, TheDoctorAwesome, and Jembo
Server and time: Artyom, around 4 AM Pacific Time
Logs and/or screenshots: This doesn't show the meat of what happened, but mainly shows the OOC shitstorm afterwards. http://puu.sh/aB3ch/cae44d6db8.htm

Description of what happened: So there was a four hour round on Artyom. It was eventful and fun, until two people (and one extra guy) decided to end it on some whim, to the annoyance of everyone else. To cut a very long story short, here's how it goes. I was the traitorHoP on a low-pop round, and, because of that, I decided to help out the crew instead of being a pain. Because I was the only traitor, nothing happened, and before long, we had maxed out R&D, had metric shitloads of ores, and had most of the APC cells replaced with hypers or supers. After that was done, we moved our goals to the moon outpost, and started to resettle it. People joined and left, helping out with our project, and in the hours that passed, the outpost had managed to be equipped with tcomms equipment, had its aliums purged, lighted up, and was also in the process of having its atmosphere replaced with oxygen. Life was peaceful, and everyone was prospering. The server asked for transfers multiple times, but at most, 4 people voted for an end, compared to the 12-16 that voted against it. Then the server crashed. When I returned, a couple minutes later, I expected things would continue, and we'd be able to continue, albeit with less people. Then shit hit the fan.

Why they should be banned: Johnny English saw an open virus crate in cargo, left open by accident by the virologist, and shouted about how it'd be such a shame if somebody were to release these viruses. One other player quoted him saying just that, but it's not part of the log, unfortunately. After Johhny shouted about the viruses, the clown booked it to cargo, and did exactly what English said. She spilled every virus everywhere, infecting herself and everyone else. People were over radio, calling for everyone to quarantine themselves, or to get suits on, and that English should die. I took it on myself to do just that. I lasered English, pulled out a C4, and gibbed him, before doing the same to the clown. English, unfortunately, had a clone backup, and immediately called for my head, and that he was an innocent. I found him, beat him with the baton, and then got KO'd by brainrot. While I was out, Josh saw me beating on Johnny, and despite all the cries for Johnny's head, he beat me down me down, instead of English. I died. The round eventually ended, and OOC descended into a shitstorm. Evilgrim didn't care, as usual, Awesome said he was innocent throughout, and Jembo had some seriously flawed logic and lied in OOC, ranging from saying that he only stunned me, even when he didn't, and said that he only believed what he sees, and not what people say, even though countless people said that English caused the outbreak, whilst also managing to believe I had spaced 5 people, even though I hadn't done a thing nor had there been any evidence of such. To sum it up, two shitlers and an idiot cause the end of a massive round for no raisins.
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Re: A Preposterous End to a Promising Round

Post by Jembo » #22480

So let's talk about this shall we~

I was dead, for a long period of time that is ran out of O2 blah blah. Spent a decent part of the round as a ghost jumped to all the dead bodies, figured someone was killing people but had no idea who. Mind you during this time I was dealing with connection issues, and being half afk due to being dead and watching Archer on netflicks. I end up getting cloned, and I'm soon after that I hear Johnny screaming for help that the captain is a traitor and gibbed him or something along those lines. I end up just jokingly insulting Rocky over the radio, saying I'm not really surprised the guys kind of a dick. I end up lag walking into a wall, and stumbling into somebody, standing over somebody else with a baton. *It's key to remember that I was actually on vacation at a friends house, and was using a really shitty touch pad mouse and couldn't see who was who.* The person who was naked screams for help, and sure enough it was the person who said a traitor murdered him earlier. I was actually going to run away, due to how unrobust my touchpad mouse is, but I saw the person attacking the naked man fall over. And figure, well you'll never get a better chance than this...

I run over and pick up the baton, and spam click on Rocky who I find out who it is after I first hit him with the baton. Johnny jumps up about at the same time I get to Rocky, and I'm sure would of snatched that baton up if I didn't, and I start hitting him with it. I'm kinda confused, at why the baton is hitting so slowly, but I don't really think anything of it, while Rocky is getting curb stomped. I eventually see him starting to do the GASP! GASP!, and at this time I notice that I'm in disarm intent, and switch to harmful intent and find out that you can swing a lot faster on this intent than the other! A few swings later and Rocky dies, and I tell Johnny that I didn't actually think he was a traitor, I was just joking around but kinda hard to deny it when he's murdering a naked person screaming for help on the ground.

Round continues life goes on, and it turns out Rocky is in fact a traitor. It's at this point I assume he killed more than just Johnny, but happened to be mistaken but like shit happens so whatever.

So Rocky was a traitor, and gets dunked by me and Johnny. I really wasn't much help in the dunking process, due in fact that if I wasn't there RNG with brainrot would of killed Rocky anyway. By Johnny being able to pick up the baton and finish him off with it, because just because I haven't played in like a year, doesn't mean that Johnny doesn't know how to work a retractable baton in the new code.

*(Edited note)*
He killed someone with C4 and that person came back and killed him back. Seriously it's just a game, and he was extremely valid.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #22485

Wait you used what you saw while dead as evidence that a traitor q as killing people, then assumed it was the HoP when you saw him doing something else traitorous?

I suppose that makes the comment about the HoP being responsible for many more kills make an awful kind of sense.

I'll investigate this tomorrow when I'm back at my computer if no one else does, but I thought that aspect was worth mentioning, even if the kill was valid.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jembo

Post by Jembo » #22487

You really didn't read my post did you? I said I saw dead bodies, but didn't really do anything about it. I was cloned and someone was screaming that Rocky C4'd them and killed them. I only killed them because I saw them hovering over a naked person and beating them to death~ After the round was over and I saw there was only one traitor I assumed Rocky was the one responsible for all the deaths. But ICly I didn't act on anyone until I saw a man beating another man to death.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #22490

Jembo wrote:You really didn't read my post did you? I said I saw dead bodies, but didn't really do anything about it. I was cloned and someone was screaming that Rocky C4'd them and killed them. I only killed them because I saw them hovering over a naked person and beating them to death~ After the round was over and I saw there was only one traitor I assumed Rocky was the one responsible for all the deaths. But ICly I didn't act on anyone until I saw a man beating another man to death.
I'm not saying taking out the HoP wasn't valid. I just saw a worrysome connection between you noticing several dead as a ghost and then bringing it up later as justification. I'll investigate the posted and server logs as soon as I can, but thanks for the speedy reply.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jembo

Post by Jembo » #22492

And I thank you for being so understanding, it wasn't until after the round that I put the pieces together that Rocky was who must of killed everyone who was dead. I didn't really think about spare carp or maybe leaving O2 off while afk in space, I just figured rounds over? One traitor? Damn he killed like 5ish people, what a dick thing to do in a 3 hour round. *He only killed two, but one was cloned.*
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #22495

I was there at round start for this round and ended up suiciding because of the length and poor communication. I did however stay logged in and observed. The clown was fucking things up way before Johnny or Josh got there. He had a lot of access and was setting up a disposals trap in every part or the station. The big debate with the virus crate is ooc was WHO ordered it. Not who yelled there was one sarcastically over comms. And the clown was already a known griefer so it was no surprise and we all knew the clown was shit. HOP was mad and it escalated IC. I don't know what Josh saw as a ghost but I do know he acted against the hop after another crew member said hop attacked them. The crew member made claims IC about traitor weapons so even if he had the ghost knowledge he also had the IC knowledge from the other crew members during the round. And Johnny yelled traitor not Josh. So hops antag status wasn't revealed through meta from being a ghost but from an active player IC. I see where both sides are coming from because I watched the round. Rocky was doing a lot of hardwork along with everyone else in a 6 hour round and to have it end that way with being killed after all that and you are antag so they were right and its valid but you lose all that work and didn't really feel like you did anything antag enough to justify the kill. Six hour round no murder boner sounds like a saint. But you let them get under your skin and it was enough for Johnny to know IC you were antag and attacking him making his retaliation valid. Josh choosing to believe Johnny was an IC decision we all make every time someone yells 'TRAITOR!LING!BORGSAREROGUE!' And bottom line you were an antag and did attack Johnny. Pretty much as someone who observed this entire round and the amount of times I've said 'IC' in my recollection I'd say this was IC escalated situation and there were angry feelings attached which brought it here. Good luck with the logs sticky and let me know if need anything else from what I observed. Hope you guys can settle this and no hard feelings.
Doctor
Byond Username: TheDoctorAwesome

Post by Doctor » #22555

Hey. Johnny here. I'll preface this by saying that I'm sorry I got NANB here so upset and I think, more than anything, he's mostly angry that I indirectly ended this round he was enjoying. After a long round, I had become bored and tired. I had the brilliant idea to become a little cynical prat about everything going on in the station, eventually leading to my character's suicide and going to bed. It eventually led to an unlocked virus crate in cargo, and I pointed it out sarcastically for whatever reason. The clown comes up, spills the culture bottle everywhere, gets brigged (not killed) and complains that he was 'doing his job'. A short few minutes later, the HoP (NANB) pops out and, even though I had heard nothing about calling for my execution, killed me and boasted about it over the radio.

Luckily, Science had made autocloners and I popped out a tiny bit later. Josh Morris was in the room with me, and I told him that the HoP had killed me. I ran to my corpse, which was gibbed (although, since he denies gibbing it, it could have been the gbs), and the HoP flies around the corner stunning me. Josh stunned him, helped me up, and I ended up kicking him to death. Jembo is definitely the most innocent person here, as he did barely anything except allow me to kill the HoP, and I believe I'm also innocent. The only rule-breaker was the Clown, who spread every single virus in the crate to the crew with no better excuse than 'he was doing his job'.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #22681

While I was an advocate IC and a bit OOC for Johnny getting the boots to his head for advertising the virus crate instead of closing it and getting someone to put it somewhere safe quietly, it's not really a banworthy offense to be a total asshole because you don't like the round you're in, just one that will lead to metagrudging and soiled butthurts.

And the guy who stunned the HoP has confusion on his side as an excuse. The real and biggest shitler was the clown and the fact that he wasn't killed for those disposal traps a loooong time ago. Considering I took them down constantly and he put them back up, whoever was working security was wrong for letting him live.
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #22742

I want the 2 year old grudges to stop
I accept donations, click here
N.A.N.B.

Post by N.A.N.B. » #23679

Hey uh, is this ever going to get resolved? It's been a week since the last response. Jembo might have been innocent, (and my own rustled-ness clouded my judgement,) but Evilgrim and Doctor should be punished. Evilgrim for spreading the viruses, and Doctor for proposing that occur, even sarcastically.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #23691

> English, unfortunately, had a clone backup, and immediately called for my head, and that he was an innocent. <

This is meta knowledge from after death. His clone back up should have no idea what happened to the original body. When you are scanned, you only have information from the time before the scan, not after.

As an example : If you are scanned at minute 1, and die at hour mark 2, you only retain the memories of what happened right as the scan hit . Meaning you don't know what you did, you don't know who did what if you are restored in this fashion later in the game.

----

As for the rest of it, I think someone needs to dive into the logs to verify this stuff. Non antags releasing viruses FNR is pretty shit. Although it's kind of old. Only reason I even got a look at this is because HBL posted it in Adminbus FNR.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #23708

BlessedHeretic wrote:> English, unfortunately, had a clone backup, and immediately called for my head, and that he was an innocent. <

This is meta knowledge from after death. His clone back up should have no idea what happened to the original body. When you are scanned, you only have information from the time before the scan, not after.
no
BlessedHeretic wrote: As an example : If you are scanned at minute 1, and die at hour mark 2, you only retain the memories of what happened right as the scan hit . Meaning you don't know what you did, you don't know who did what if you are restored in this fashion later in the game.
also no
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
N.A.N.B.

Post by N.A.N.B. » #23722

Would the server logs even still be available? This happened on the beginning of the month. Mine work, somewhat, and although there aren't any logs of what exactly happened, I'm sure some of the players of that round can testify.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #23787

Server logs never expire. We still have them from all the way back in 2012
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #23790

@leibniz
The discussion about backup, cloning and meta never actually ended, so responding with a "no" won't cut it. I, for one, share the opinion that you should only retain memories of up until the point you got scanned.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #23844

I'd support it as well but it isn't a set policy thing right now. Even if this is the case that finally changes it, it wouldn't be right to let that change retroactively apply here.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #25333

Like it was stated above, no parties deserve a punishment in this case but the clown.

Consider this resolved.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;