Re: Playing security isn't shit anymore

Post by Screemonster » #279117

oranges wrote:well not until you posted at least
holy fuck
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #279119

danno wrote:look at these two dumbasses desperate for some sort of claim to """"""fame""""" so they try to "distinguish" themselves from the rest of the paste eating /tg/station autists by talking about how shitty they are

have you ever seen two dumber saps in your entire LIFE
So you admit you're one of the paste eating autists?

Real talk, I don't mind this thread being necroed since security and the administration is always a contentious topic that's stayed relevant
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #279146

oranges wrote:well not until you posted at least
wtf i like oranges now???
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279201

Luke Cox wrote:If you play sec be prepared to respond to bwoinks. Even if you did nothing wrong, people are going to be salty.
I got a note for not carrying cuffs/restriants as det leading to a series of events in which case admins blamed me for not carrying cuffs in allowing it to happen, obviously Malkelvin is referring to HOS/warden/officer shenanigans. Admins still like to fuck with dets because a majority of admins idolise dets over all other other lawkeepers and therefore brown-nose the shit out of it. (saving you from the details)

> Loose sec job roles, yeah go do whatever we sympathise you have to share a station with this 4/5's of other department literal human scumbag players, beat them into ground mush but don't bruise them too much.

> Det acts loose - OHHH NOOOO, I BETTER ENFORCE THIS 2000% BECAUSE THATS SOMETHING I VAGUELY CARE ABOUT PLAYING (ironic thing was i was actually following det game policy by the book to not carry cuffs, but admins argue extraneous circumstances of that round i am not obliged to listen to but still punished for them to act on it.)

You know exactly what pool of admins im referring to. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, but in terms of policy which is needed in such a restrictive department like sec to properly define what is shit, and what is "not shit" admins could atleast be a little bit less self interested.

Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #279214

>I carry lethals but no cuffs so I guess I'll just gun down the first guy who looks at me crossways

Nah, we don't let sec instantly harmbataon people in the hallway to death either. You have means to get cuffs the same as they do. Either you do your job and investigate crime, or you use the position to play sec officer with a trench coat and you follow the same rules that other sec officers have to follow.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #279221

Argues about "Well you have lethals just gun down every shitter i see" to fire off a baseless assumption i am a moron who would do such a thing rather than restrain my gun religiously using pepper spray until i really need it or exercise its proper use in tripping a suspect with a leg shot to close in with my police baton. I am not the wanton vandal you typecast me to be infact i have been medalled by the captain for exceptional conduct more than once in my career as detective.

The more i reply to you on this point the more i feel inclined to lapse into the details of my case so i kindly ask you to stop pressurising me about that in unnessecary detail & read the thread yourself. But the point still stands that there is a deliberate void in what a detective by policy is expected to do (explicitly things that are not my job that lapse into vigilante justice because its not your job), and if you deathgasp out of the induced light beating with a baton into critical for lack of restraint (if i don't use shitty sedative like morphine on you, which i will do in future because fuck that note) its like removing the sponge from someone in a electric chair and you killed yourself.

I hate arguing about it, but if i am trying to drag you to the enclosed and safe medical area in brig after epi-penning you or looking to try and stablise your condition with supplies there, i don't need to take you to medical at all because im inclined for our encounter to not be a death sentence unless you choose for it to be and deathgasp.

> Carry two syringes, one with a small dose of morphine (ten units), wait for it act while you chainstun & one with epi-pen stablising reagent (or as many epi pens as you can carry) its the only way to ensure that they are down without putting them in crit and stay in det guidelines of no cuffs because its not your job (but the warden can still arrest).

- Its vigilantism, as a detective in the place of a officer doesn't have the authority or tools to do things in the responsible and effective manner of their peers, and with so much overlapping evidence to observe and things to do, you can't fufill both roles 100%

- There is also tactical sub analysis in that cable cuffs which were mentioned as a easy restraint, are a danger to yourself because if you lose said cuffs, and zipties are both limited in supply but also (if i was really forced into it, such as 'brigging' someone as a lone det, i would use zipties to tie low crimes to chairs) thankfully unusable after they have been resisted out of.
Malkevin wrote:If the situation allows that wrongfully killed person to be cloned then the situation probably wasn't actually bad enough for them to get killed in the first place.

Its extremely rare that sec manages to regain control of the station after the shit's hit the fan without creating a big pile of bodies
Love you Malk <3

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #279322

>restrain your weapon

i stopped there

why have gun if you can't shoot dirty niggers with it

nigga
niggers
nigger

i've been played you can sound like a brother and say nigga but you can't add the er to the end what a bunch of kunts
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #279401

John_Oxford wrote:>restrain your weapon

i stopped there

why have gun if you can't shoot dirty several John Oxfords with it

nigga
several John Oxfords
John Oxford

i've been played you can sound like a brother and say nigga but you can't add the er to the end what a bunch of kunts
N I G G E R S
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?