Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 112

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Should hornygranny remain as headmin?

Post by NikNakFlak » #105071

Bottom post of the previous page:

No goofball, you can''t be headmin. :^)
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #105149

Well I'm sure glad this issue is settled then...
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #105177

My concern is not that HG is gone a lot. They do seem to show up all of a sudden and make a bunch of decisions and changes, etc. I am concerned if they're half-cocked and uninformed.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #105205

ThanatosRa wrote:My concern is not that HG is gone a lot. They do seem to show up all of a sudden and make a bunch of decisions and changes, etc. I am concerned if they're half-cocked and uninformed.
If HG plays twice a day on average, call it once a day not AFK/aghosting, then he's still present enough to be informed imho
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #105218

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:My concern is not that HG is gone a lot. They do seem to show up all of a sudden and make a bunch of decisions and changes, etc. I am concerned if they're half-cocked and uninformed.
If HG plays twice a day on average, call it once a day not AFK/aghosting, then he's still present enough to be informed imho
And if that is indeed the case, I of course stand corrected. I am not accusing, I am merely voicing a concern.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #105240

"hornygranny - Lobby (AFK)" is a fine vintage, enjoyed by veteran admins, goes well as a side dish with posts where he posts his connection log as part of his "argument".
(dedicated seekers of rarest memes may also encounter "playing as xeno queen/empress")

Anyway, what can we expect?
Can you expect someone to give a fuck about the game after 10 years or whatever?
Probably not.
Can we expect him to care about the opinion of players when he prides himself on being an asshole?
Probably not.

Maybe the top dogs could approach him and say, "In case you wish to retire and dedicate your time to something else, we have a replacement ready, so dont let that hold you back."

We've seen worse I guess.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #105298

I personally enjoy my Hornygranny and his memes as a main dish with a tiny bit of roux.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #105348

Looks like we've discoverd the best way to deal with community outrage and disgruntlement, utterly ignore them aside from the occasional shitpost and wait until 'someone' locks the thread for going off topic.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105352

Steelpoint wrote:Looks like we've discoverd the best way to deal with community outrage and disgruntlement, utterly ignore them aside from the occasional shitpost and wait until 'someone' locks the thread for going off topic.
Did you actually expect this thread to accomplish anything?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #105356

Steelpoint wrote:Looks like we've discoverd the best way to deal with community outrage and disgruntlement, utterly ignore them aside from the occasional shitpost and wait until 'someone' locks the thread for going off topic.
Ahahahaha I thought you'd been here a while?

I said this same shit half way through the terbs crap (Both the recent attempt to get him unblacklisted, and the original ban)
And before that it was the forum moderation wars, which has, as predicted been abused (Penny, & that dude who deleted a thread MSO had open in another tab)
before that it was the mario (Jon riker) deadminning

It's tradition, either kill a thread by shitposting in it hard and pissing people off, or ignore it until it naturally goes off topic by itself.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #105365

Ignoring people is OP it automatically wins any argument online.

MSO made his choice on it though, arguing among ourselves is more or less pointless. Unless someone can convince MSO to change his mind (not likely to happen, especially not in this thread. If the 70% player vote and two head admins asking him to let us put it to a vote didn't chance his mind, one more post here likely won't) this thread will go nowhere.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105369

See, this sort of thing is where my confusion over host comes in.
I thought we wouldn't be subjected to the whims of a single person because no one person pays server costs.

Not that he's doing a necessarily bad job, He's made two hosty decisions and I disagreed with both, but it's not like I think MSO didn't think it through or didn't give a fuck.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #105370

Falamazeer wrote:See, this sort of thing is where my confusion over host comes in.
I thought we wouldn't be subjected to the whims of a single person because no one person pays server costs.

Not that he's doing a necessarily bad job, He's made two hosty decisions and I disagreed with both, but it's not like I think MSO didn't think it through or didn't give a fuck.
I can second this.
He did state that he wasn't going to be making any host style decisions and we seem to be having a few of them come down from him lately.

Again, it's not necessarily a bad thing if he does take on a role as an active host, rather than just the head tech or whatever, but can it at least be stated so we know where stuff lies?
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105374

Yeah, I hate to bring it up twice, but last time I tried to bring it up in a thread called MSO's foot is down (Not for terb) trying to ask about it all the threads about terbs got locked immediately after so the argument just got picked right back up where it left off and the thread shat it's pants while wearing a football helmet and drawing stick figures in intimate positions in it's own poo.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105544

Also, wasn't this sticky'd like... yesterday?
Could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I'm right.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #105612

Apparently MSO has put his foot down so NikNak de-sticky'd this without posting any explanation. Seems like the issue is closed.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #105647

If kor and sticky think hg should be gone, I don't see what business mso has putting his foot down on anything, very disappointing and what I was afraid of.

Hopefully someone can clarify in a way that doesn't make it sound so terrible.