Tesla Engine

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Tesla Engine

Post by peoplearestrange » #142078

Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Tesla Engine

Post by Oldman Robustin » #142094

Yeeeeeaa

When the sing gets loose there's only one and you can see it coming from a mile away.

When an overcharged tesla ball and all its orbiting buddies get loose you have a bunch of hidden insta kill death shit killing you through walls and shit.

Why does this exist?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #142108

It has sounds now so you can hear it through walls.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

The Tesla needs a way to release itself on its own

Post by Zilenan91 » #142152

The Tesla can grow to have a ridiculous amount of smaller tesla balls around it, so it should be able to release itself like the sing does as it grows in power.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: The Tesla needs a way to release itself on its own

Post by leibniz » #142155

Nothing bad happens if you leave the PA (or whatever is used for the tesla) on 2?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #142156

Nothing bad happens if you leave the PA maxxed, no.

Well, there'll be lag from fifty billion orbiting balls but it never frees itself.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #142165

We need a way for incompetent Engineers to end the round early.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #142173

In deadchat I suggested for the telsa to start teleporting if it gets above 100 balls (at least if the lag gets fixed)
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #142174

Yeah it should be able to teleport out of containment past 100 balls
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #142198

the lag is the lightning beams, not the orbiting balls, I rewrote orbit like, the other week and it's infinitely cheaper (and cooler, ~ghost orbit triangles~).
the lightning beams will be getting pooled soon too, so their lag should subside.
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #142227

i mentioned this in the github, i suggested making it so once there are a certain amount of balls it begins to short out the containment tesla coils or whatever they're called
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #142229

I love everything about the Tesla engine, but this is my one gripe with it. If it grows too big, it should short out the emitters. Building more grounding rods can allow you to grow it more.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #142246

the lightning ball should probably get bigger in stages, where it's stage is directly proportional to it's ability to support more lightning balls.

if it's just "too many orbiters and it breaks" it's breaking point is going to be super obscure and hit often by non-antag engineers.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #142253

Yes, and?

Also, it's pretty fucking obvious because you can examine it and it tells you exactly how many orbiters it has.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #142267

The whole reason I like the idea of making it short out the emitters if it has too many orbiters is because there's room to upgrade it by adding more grounding rods. R&D shouldn't be the only department with upgrades
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #142356

Good job making a new thread for something that already has a thread, wasn't even on another page. Merging because i'm salty.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #142362

People are gonna yell hugbox at me but I actually think it's too deadly.

Being instantly killed through walls at random isn't fun.

Nor is being chainstunned to death 2 rooms away because the lightning chained off a couple cameras to go around a corner and hit you.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #142371

I think that as more and more balls occur, there should be more anomalies. Such as if you hit more than 75 balls, you get more AIs get more ion laws, comms get cut out more often, more anomalies occur, lights short out more often, etc.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #142376

Kor wrote:People are gonna yell hug-box at me but I actually think it's too deadly.

Being instantly killed through walls at random isn't fun.

Nor is being chainstunned to death 2 rooms away because the lightning chained off a couple cameras to go around a corner and hit you.
I agree, undetectable instant death is not particularly fun. The singularity at least widely announces its presence and you can run from it.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #142380

Just remove the arcing, or limit it to a single jump.

Have the balls increase the distance of their orbit as more accumulate. Having 30+ balls orbiting should start having them go inside of engineering, where shit inside gets randomly zapped by passing balls.
50 should be reaching past the CE's office, 100 probably saying hello to the janitor's closet. All this assuming boxstation, of course.

Honestly i've never seen more than 10 orbiting balls, but someone keeps mentioning 100 so I assume that's happened at least a couple times.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #142402

Saegrimr wrote: Honestly i've never seen more than 10 orbiting balls, but someone keeps mentioning 100 so I assume that's happened at least a couple times.
FYI, this was prompted by a round where engineering set up 2 PAs and got like 145 balls, and had 15 million watts gong into the station. It caused so much lag. Then it was released..
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #142423

And then admins deleted it because they hate fun
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote: