[Iain0] Squirrel Slapper - ready to try command roles again

Appeals which have been closed.
SquirrelSlapper0487
Byond Username: Squirrel Slapper

[Iain0] Squirrel Slapper - ready to try command roles again

Post by SquirrelSlapper0487 » #728354

BYOND account: Squirrel Slapper

Ban type: Role ban (banned from all command roles and all security roles)

Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As captain, shot the HOS into crit over a 10 second period where neither party really moved, while wearing a sec hud (so being able to see mindshield and job role). Has something to do with a moth and a hand teleporter, apparently moth was "running around with someone else" so they ... shot the HOS? Doesn't make much sense and you've consistently shown you have issues in positions of power.
Time ban was placed: 2024-02-18 01:55:26
Server: Terry
Round ID: 224151

Why are you making this appeal?: I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?: When my behavior that lead to this ban took place, I was at 124 hours of living playtime on /TG/. Now I'm at 446, and am confident I've got enough of a handle on things to try command roles again.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [Iain0] Squirrel Slapper - ready to try command roles again

Post by iain0 » #728365

Well, you do certainly get a second chance, though I was tempted to say "come back at 6 months" as its only been 3 so far, but then you cited your played hours.

Here's the thing, without going into detail over what lead up to perma com/sec ban (because it was an escalated ban), my perspective was a combination of hot headedness in stressful situations and an abuse of power were manifest through this period, this resulted in a number of infractions that resulted in you being removed from effectively 'authority' (command/sec) by me.

So while you might be 300 hours better at the /game/ this isn't really a game mechanics issue, its a behavioural issue, and play time's effects on that are arguable.

That said I can detect a general improvement overall in your record since "those days", so I think I'll leave this up to you with the following warning:

Second chances are often as far as these things easily go, that is, infractions soon after this permaban would be quickly met with escalation and likely denied an appeal for a full year as near routine if you got re-permaed from com/sec.

But otherwise the philosophy of "second chances are free" fits nicely with the "how would I know if you're ready, only way to find out is to throw you back in there and see if you sink or swim", so have a quick reflect on your position and a think back to how it all went wrong the first time and if you think you're ready then I'll throw you back into the pit for round two.

(And to be clear I'm not looking to be convinced here ; I don't need you to try explain to me why now is better, I just want to make sure you've reflected on it appropriately before requesting this, so just give me a 'yes unban me please' if you're still sure you want to try again right now)

Cheers,

Edit: Should say that an unban would be associated with a 2 months expiring note which will draw admins attention to the fact you're freshly off role perma ; and to be clear "expiring" in this sense means that after 2 months the note will be flagged as deleted, not visible to you or admins (unless they go digging, but the point is you'll be off probation if you can keep out of trouble for 2 months so it wont be functionally meaningful anyway)
SquirrelSlapper0487

Post by SquirrelSlapper0487 » #728380

iain0 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:03 pm Second chances are often as far as these things easily go, that is, infractions soon after this permaban would be quickly met with escalation and likely denied an appeal for a full year as near routine if you got re-permaed from com/sec.

But otherwise the philosophy of "second chances are free" fits nicely with the "how would I know if you're ready, only way to find out is to throw you back in there and see if you sink or swim", so have a quick reflect on your position and a think back to how it all went wrong the first time and if you think you're ready then I'll throw you back into the pit for round two.

(And to be clear I'm not looking to be convinced here ; I don't need you to try explain to me why now is better, I just want to make sure you've reflected on it appropriately before requesting this, so just give me a 'yes unban me please' if you're still sure you want to try again right now)

Cheers,

Edit: Should say that an unban would be associated with a 2 months expiring note which will draw admins attention to the fact you're freshly off role perma ; and to be clear "expiring" in this sense means that after 2 months the note will be flagged as deleted, not visible to you or admins (unless they go digging, but the point is you'll be off probation if you can keep out of trouble for 2 months so it wont be functionally meaningful anyway)
I've had a good hard think about it, yep I'm ready. Unban please :)
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #728389

Alright, applied the note and lifted the bans, good luck!
SquirrelSlapper0487

Post by SquirrelSlapper0487 » #728392

iain0 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:35 pm Alright, applied the note and lifted the bans, good luck!
o7