Those other options on the Security Records Console

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.
Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Those other options on the Security Records Console

Post by warbluke » #728297

I saw this and it made something happen in the mysterious space between my ears.
On the wiki we're told to update status to discharged when prisoners get out of Gulag, but Space Law says that if they were in there for Grand Felonies you give them Parole status.
It's not really that important (not important whatsoever actually) but I would like an authoritative ruling on what all the status options are to be used for.
I've been using Discharged for "Out of jail but was once in jail," clearing any status for "I messed up and arrested the wrong person," and Parole for "I had to let them out because Brig was on fire"
I do not use the other options I just leave people on wanted when they're in the brig because I think incarcerated status will stop Security Robots from arresting them.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Those other options on the Security Records Console

Post by Archie700 » #728305

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discharge_(sentence)

Discharge is not cleared of charges.

Clearing of charges is acquittal, meaning you are completely off the hook.

Discharge means that the record stays but you are let go without further punishment (no sentence).
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #728308

Seems odd that that status even exists then when the role is filled by just removing any status
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728374

PKPenguin321 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:44 am Seems odd that that status even exists then when the role is filled by just removing any status
It's so you can discriminate against repeat offenders easier.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #728386

Yeah Ive always used Discharged for "Sentence served", no status for "cleared charges/baby crime nobody cares about" and Paroled for "Letting you go for other reasons"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #728390

The definition of the terms works like this:

No status is for if they were cleared of charges.
Discharged is if they served their sentence and have been released.
Parole is if they had time remaining to serve but were released for some reason. That doesn't happen very often on /tg/ because our rounds tend short and punishments over 10 minutes are usually just perma, but if a perma prisoner were to be released for some reason, they would be classified as on parole. This could fit for antags who have been released with a tracking implant as well - parole usually has terms that apply to someone who's been released. IRL that's stuff like having to find a job and check in with a parole officer. In-game it would be stuff like not doing traitor shit.

I don't think any of this needs to be enshrined in policy btw, it's fine to go in Space Law as suggestions. It's all RP shit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #728407

warbluke wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:11 pm
PKPenguin321 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:44 am Seems odd that that status even exists then when the role is filled by just removing any status
It's so you can discriminate against repeat offenders easier.
cant you see their infractions or whatever? isnt that what those are for
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728416

PKPenguin321 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 am cant you see their infractions or whatever? isnt that what those are for
On the sechud? I have no idea.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #728458

You can see their status and change it with sechuds.

Also the other options aren’t used because they don’t have any purpose. If you need to bring them in you set them to wanted and otherwise you remove their status. It should stay as it is (IC fluff)